Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some early roster thoughts

August 14, 2017 02:59AM
I predicted several days ago that Harkey is a goner. Not so sure after this 1st preseason game. He's the only guy we have playing TE that can take on a DE and hold his own. Didn't like what I saw of other TEs in the that regard. Harkey may be one dimensional and runs like molasses flows; but he will catch the ball.
I'm now wondering if he might stay as either a 4th TE or maybe a the 3rd TE with Hemmingway to the PS.

I predicted that Spruce would be on the team. Don't think so now. He is obviously well down the depth chart and he looks really slow. Yes, he catches everything, but McVay is all about explosiveness. PS.

McRoberts looked like he didn't belong on the field with pros. Enough said. He didn't do much of anything right. Cut.

Price might be a keeper. Kind of our Dumerville. He is all the wrong dimensions to play the position; problem is, he is like a mosquito in a room; its tiny, you hear it, you swat around frantically, always missing. And then the little sucker bites you. I think this kid is a player.

Jordan is going to be a good CB for us. Tough, plays the ball.

We are knee deep in good Dline and really OLBs. I didn't think we had depth behind Quinn and Barwin; I might have been wrong. Longacre looked really stout and is a relentless pass rusher. Almost a Chris Long clone. Fox and Smart played well. That Cowboy's line couldn't do much with moving our guys. Clearly Wade wants to make playing the run job 1 of the Dline, leaving pass defense to the secondary (I say that as a generality of course). Cut down is going to be difficult especially when Donald comes back in a few days. I see probably at least 2 DL going on the PS.

Love the way #47, Peterson, plays. He's a little like a squirrel crossing a busy roadway right now, but he is physical for his size, is quick and fast, feisty, and looks like he can cover. But, probably PS.

Cooper is on the 53. Period. Unless he gets hurt. He's a player. He looks reliable. He's probably our best KR right now.

I'm officially a Mannion fan; not to replace Goff by any means. But he played well. Some may not like his long delivery, but he gets it out fast enough and he was quite accurate.

Blythe didn't impress at Center, but Eldrencamp did.

Williams is our best OT after Whit and Havs; not Pace Murphy. I've liked Williams since we first acquired him.

Looking carefully at our oline in general in slo mo, the hyperventilating about Jamon Brown is misplaced. Something weird happened on that play when the DT flew past him and his Gurley for a big loss. Brown took a deliberate step to the right and I don't know if that was a mistake or what. But he did fine from then on. Especially in pass pro. In fact, our oline overall did very well in pass pro until we got too deep into the depth chart. Brown will start the season as our RG. Havs as our RT. Wouldn't be surprised if we kept Eldrencamp over Blythe.

I see why they like Hager. He's not the biggest or a blow-you-up tackler, but he is in the right spot at the right time.

Forrest looked like he's back to where he was before the injury. He's a keeper.

3rd QB? Orlavsky needs to be sent packing right now. He didn't look like he belonged on the field.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some early roster thoughts

RockRam647August 14, 2017 02:59AM

explain Gurley, he looked bad to me.

max267August 14, 2017 03:19AM

Yeah, I agree.

RockRam234August 14, 2017 03:28AM

Re: Yeah, I agree.

GreatRamNTheSky197August 14, 2017 03:40AM

He had one series essentially. 4 carries?

GreatRamNTheSky240August 14, 2017 03:39AM

As some point we need to stop making excuses for Gurley

max192August 14, 2017 04:19AM

When is the last time you saw Gurley make somebody miss?

RockRam180August 14, 2017 04:48AM

Re: give it some time M

Speed_Kills132August 14, 2017 07:36AM

Re: Some early roster thoughts

LMU93206August 14, 2017 04:01AM

Re: Some early roster thoughts on Gurley........

oldschoolramfan153August 14, 2017 06:34AM

Re: they better keep Harkey...

Speed_Kills126August 14, 2017 07:35AM

Disagree on Brown!

SoCalRamFan329August 14, 2017 06:59AM

Nope. Brown didn't even play in the 2nd half.

RockRam307August 14, 2017 07:37AM

Re: Nope. Brown didn't even play in the 2nd half.

SoCalRamFan169August 14, 2017 08:09AM

Steve207August 14, 2017 07:35AM

I know that Harkey was on the team pre-McVay...

Guard146August 14, 2017 08:03AM

Rams43153August 14, 2017 08:04AM