Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout PS game 1 ... Cowboys ...

August 13, 2017 06:28PM
alyoshamucci

The Good

1) Mike Jordan
was good.

8) Aggressive defensive back play. Across the board.
Wade Phillips already has his guys playing within his system. Was impressed that he got his rotations, and such solid work upfront from the the defense, too.

10) Davis' speed
was surprised by Justin He looks slimmer than I remember, too

13) Spruce ... intelligent and reliable.
Easy to know that Mannion is sending the ball his way when he's out there. His last catch there was a lot of sideline chatter to him. He did look happy. And Mannion might have been excusing his throw over there, too. Nelson appears to still have an outside shot. BTW, I know now that Mike Thomas' inactive was not "injury" related on the heels of Watkins arrival.

16) No injuries.
One thing to watch during time outs and changeovers is our new coaching staff. There was the offensive line coaches right after the bad snap from Blythe. The tight ends coach, too, had his guys grouped up. Mid game it was interesting to see how much attention the players were giving staff. Nothing different from other teams......than a "vibe" With kids trying to make the team there's a real intensity to the work. I like it.

The Bad

17) Brown at OG gets creased too often.

18) Pace Murphy has one good rep to 2 terrible ones.
pretty sure they tried him out at right tackle, too. problem for me is that his jersey number seems to have a duplicate on the roster.

22) Mannion, you can't stare down the receivers like that.
yeah......I caught that too. in some instances I didn't have a problem with it. and he had a very nice read through on another play that was very assuring.

The Ugly

23) 6 fumbles. What? How? Justin Davis? What the heck, man?
Not letting Malcom Brown off the hook. He lost the handle on every drive.

Overall I was happy ... but I am pretty easy to please in PS because I missed football, lol. That said, I watched a few other games, and everyone looks pretty ugly this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS game 1 ... Cowboys ...

alyoshamucci714August 13, 2017 08:58AM

Rams43324August 13, 2017 12:43PM

SoCalRamFan270August 13, 2017 01:14PM

LMU93280August 13, 2017 02:21PM

Re: Always enjoy your perspective ....

YOUNGBLOOD85312August 13, 2017 02:29PM

leafnose213August 13, 2017 06:28PM