August 12, 2017 04:19PM
Rams WR Sammy Watkins – Media Availability – August 12, 2017

(On what the last 24 hours have been like for him)

“Just total shock. I’m definitely excited and honored to be here. I really can’t wait to get started just learning the plays and being with the guys.”

(On how he thinks he fits in with this team)

“I haven’t figured that out. I don’t even know the offensive plays right now, so I’m just willing to do anything, wherever they put me, X, Y, Z – I’m just trying to fill in the void and help this team win.”

(On if he’s had a chance to reach out to QB Jared Goff or Head Coach Sean McVay)

“I haven’t got a chance to meet those guys yet, but they definitely reached out to me and checked up on me. Like I said, I just can’t wait to get on the field and figure those guys out. They learn my speed, I learn the way they throw and really just learn the offense. That’s the biggest thing.”

(On if he can provide a vertical threat for this team)

“Most definitely. I just feel like that’s been my game. I can be that homerun guy and I’m just here to help. I think they’ve got what they need as far as (WR) Robert Woods and (WR) Tavon (Austin) and the guys they drafted. I’m just here to add to that and just come in and have fun and win some games.”

(On if he feels 100 percent healthy)

“I’m 100 percent healthy. The foot thing is out the door. I probably have to get in a little bit better shape, but other than that, I’m fine.”

(On if he was participating fully in Bills practice)

“I’ve been out there every day. I haven’t had a vet day off, so I’ve just been practicing hard. I played a whole quarter the last game and I felt pretty good out there.”

(On what his attitude was after his preseason game with Buffalo ended and then how his attitude changed again after he had heard he was being traded)

“I just thought I was catching hot. They were targeting me pretty quick and after the game I was like, ‘Oh, Hollywood. Out there auditioning.’ But, it’s a great feeling just to be here and I’m excited to get started.”

(On if he got here today)

“I just got here like two or three hours ago.”

(On if he is thinking about a potential contract extension)

“Not really. I wasn’t really worried about that. I was just trying to come out on the field and have a Pro Bowl year and try to put up the numbers that I needed to help the team win. I’m not focused on a contract or anything like that. I feel like if I go on the field and play like I should, I’ll get what I deserve.”

(On if a fresh start could help him out)

“Just being in L.A. can help me out. Nice city, nice weather, to be in this city with the players, just trying to chase a goal and win a championship and go to the playoffs.”

(On if he’s spent much time in L.A. before)

“I’ve been out here a couple times. Like I said, it’s a blessing to be here. The weather, to be on - to play on grass 8-9 games out of the year, just to be with (Rams Wide Receiver) Robert Woods is great.”

(On how much he knew about Rams Head Coach Sean McVay before the trade)

“I didn’t know anything. I was shocked just like everybody else. I have to get to know everybody on the staff and the team, and let everybody earn my trust and I earn their trust and just be a part of the team.”

(On if he can picture himself operating in Coach McVay’s offensive scheme like former Redskins WRs Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson)

“I actually played against those guys and they opened it up pretty good with a lot of wide receivers…in this offense with the speed we got, with the running back, the line. I just can’t wait to get started.”

(On if he is thinking about a long-term deal with the Rams or just letting the year play out)

“Yeah, I got to handle my business and control what I can control and that’s my play on the field. If I go out there and have a year that I’m expecting to have, then we can talk contract. But, I still got to go out there and do my job and let those guys handle paperwork and crunch out the numbers.”

(On if he has any ill-will towards Buffalo)

“No, I mean, it’s a business so I’m kind of – I’m in L.A. so, I just can’t wait to get started. Like I said, it’s a blessing to be here and I just can’t wait to get started.”

(On if he’ll be on the sidelines tonight)

“I don’t know yet. I probably will, but I just can’t wait to watch the game and get out there and learn the offense and really get started. I haven’t even – I don’t know a play yet, so I’m just trying to get out there with the guys and get on the same page.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Rams WR Sammy Watkins – Media Availability – August 12, 2017

Shaky396August 12, 2017 04:19PM