Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Right Side of the Line

August 07, 2017 07:52PM
I have not finished posting about Firday's practice so I will add a bit here. Normally in camp, I tend to focus on the QB and WRs in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s. Because ofour oline's weakness last year and the big changes in the offseason, I decided to focus on the line for about 1/3 of the plays when the first team was playing. Specifically, I keyed in Hav at RG. When I was watching, he tended to hold up. He was pushed back once or twice, but did not get in Goff's way. He seemed to know who to block (an issue that Robinson had last year). Now Conner Barwin blew up one play rushing from the right side. Unfortunately, that was not one of plays that I was watching the line, so I do not know whether it was Brown's or Hav's fault. If the rams are worried about the right side, I don't think it is because they are worried about Hav. Two caveats - first I am basing my judgments on a very limited set of plays. Second, our D line has been thinned out. Two of our three starters are not playing. So even if the oline looks better this year than last, it may not be ready for an Arizona or Seattle front.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Right Side of the Line

The Professor548August 07, 2017 07:52PM

Re: Right Side of the Line

Steve278August 08, 2017 01:37AM

Re: Right Side of the Line

RFIP253August 08, 2017 02:19AM