Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second and third team

August 05, 2017 02:30PM
In one of the 11 on 11 sessions, the offense starts off at the 1 and has to work their way down field. The 2s were eaten alive by the D. After a short gain, Spruce flinch on the line of scrimmage for a false start putting the offense back at the 1. The Defensive players claimed they had safeties on three of the next four plays. Justin Davis never made it out the backfield. The next play Mannion would have been sacked. Don't have in my notes what the last one was. Our second team oline could not handle the D.

In other drills the second team offense looked ok. Everett, McRoberts, and Spruce looked good and Mannion displayed some arm strength. He had some nice crisp passes. Early on Mannion floated a pass over Kupp.

In my mind the star of the day was #37 De'Mard Llorens, a rookie running back that I never heard of. He scored a TD on a pass from Mannion (not sure if this was in 7 on 7 or 11 on 11). After the second team offense was chewed up by the D in the start at your 1 yard line, it was the third teams time to play. Llorens got the edge and had a nice run. At the end of practice, the rams practiced a two minute drill. On back to back plays, Llorens got the edge going right for a big pick up, and then gets the edge going left and takes it to the two.

Ryan, a WR we signed after the free agent camp, looked good as well. He had a nice sideline catch from Goff early on where the throw was a bit off. He looked good with the 3s, but took a big hit after a catch in the start from the 1 part of practice. He walked off the field with a limp. However he got back on the field later and the made a leaping catch in the end zone for a TD to end practice.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fri 8/4 camp report by Merlin... (very slightly edited)

Rams431013August 05, 2017 09:11AM

Second and third team

The Professor371August 05, 2017 02:30PM

thanks for the effort, Prof.....appreciate it nm

21Dog228August 06, 2017 09:22AM

Re: Fri 8/4 camp report by Merlin... (very slightly edited)

Steve315August 06, 2017 09:21AM