Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lamarcus Joyner happy with move to safety, not experiencing any ‘Hard Knocks’

August 03, 2017 07:46PM

By RICH HAMMOND

IRVINE — This year, there are no omnipresent cameras on hand to capture all of the Rams’ training-camp drama, and unlike 2016, defensive back Lamarcus Joyner is calm, cool and knows his role.

That job has changed, again, but Joyner has no complaints. The former cornerback seems settled as the Rams’ starting free safety and, through the first five days of camp, he has looked confident at the position he played in high school and during part of his college career at Florida State.

“It’s going well so far,” Joyner said this week. “I have a lot to learn and a lot to get done, but I’m taking it all in. The coaches, they all make it easy to adjust and transition, so I think I’ll be ready.”

That’s important for the Rams, who need a strong secondary to make defensive coordinator Wade Phillips’ system work. Joyner, listed at 5-foot-8, 190 pounds, certainly isn’t the biggest safety around, but he and Maurice Alexander have helped make the Rams’ secondary look strong thus far in camp.

Moreover, Joyner is settled and relaxed, which is more than the Rams could say of him a year ago.

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill516August 03, 2017 07:46PM

Joyner should do well

LMU93153August 04, 2017 03:23AM

Love this quote from Joyner

RamsFanSinceLA185August 04, 2017 08:44AM