Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I'm most excited about Mcvay vs the previous regime...

July 30, 2017 09:00AM
There are a number of differences obviously, but in respect to coaching styles what stands out to ME the most is the way McVay runs his practices.

McVay is a teacher of fundamentals and attention to detail.

Listen to how he instructs the receivers to run their routes, and to the qb to hold the ball up where the receiver can see it.

You will hear him talk about shoulders vertical middle of the numbers, great anticipation.

He's very precise in what he wants and he communicates that intellectually and his correction methods are not done by swearing and demeaning players.

As a former corner I can really appreciate his route running teachings.

How to stem routes, not rounding off routes, cutting off the correct leg, arm movements and breaking tendencies.

I study corner play a lot and this is an example of why Sherman has been such a great corner.

He immediately disrupts the timing of the play, with a quick stiff arm then plays the route. He obviously through film study anticipated the route.

Here is another example. This should have been a TD but for poor execution by the Rams. The qb looks inside the whole time making it easy for Sherm.

He didn't have to make a choice, the qb told him where the ball was going.

But I digress.

The point here is execution, having proper attention to detail and breaking tendencies that can be the difference between success and failure.

Sean McVay stresses this in his teachings, something that was sorely lacking previously.

These are the types of things that can be the difference between wins and losses and why I'm excited about what's ahead.

I don't know how McVay will be as a leader of grown men, but he knows the game and is a tremendous teacher.

I'm really stoked about that!

Parcells, Belichick, Landry and Walsh all great teachers.

Sean McVay is in good company IMO.

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I'm most excited about Mcvay vs the previous regime...

laram675July 30, 2017 09:00AM

Re: What I'm most excited about Mcvay vs the previous regime...

Rams43277July 30, 2017 10:14AM

I don't follow Xs and Os nearly as well as many here but.......

Ramgator217July 30, 2017 11:21AM

Re: I liked one thing Woods mentioned in yesterday's interview as well

merlin215July 30, 2017 02:46PM

What I'm most excited about Mcvay: A "Top Grade" post Chief

Anonymous User333July 30, 2017 03:38PM

delete

Blue and Gold175July 30, 2017 04:43PM