Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CB projections and Gaines

July 20, 2017 03:46PM
Tru, Webster are penciled in as starters. Robey-Coleman is supposed to be good in the slot. Joyner's moving to free safety but may be in the slot at times if they bring in the rookie at Safety. Gaines was great his rookie season, missed a year and was not too good last year (perhaps not fully back from the listfrank injury). Do you think he is dropped down to #4 and mostly playing ST and waiting for injuries and/or the right match up to get on the field?
Here are his stats in 2014 and 2016.

Gaines’ 1.03 yards per coverage snap were tied for 14th lowest in the NFL in 2014, while his mark of 1.77 ranked fifth highest in 2016.
Gaines’ nine TDs given up in 2016 were the most in the league among cornerbacks as compared to 14th best with only one in 2014.
He was targeted 85 times in 2014 and gave up 100 less yards than in 2016 when he was targeted only 72 times.

Here is info from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society on a listfrank injury:

How long is recovery after surgery?
Recovery from Lisfranc surgery depends in part on the severity of the injury. For most cases of surgery, patients will be in a cast and not be able to put weight on the foot for six weeks, followed by six weeks in a walking boot. Physical therapy may be needed to strengthen the foot and ankle and help regain walking ability. Return to maximal function, running and sports can take about one year.
Potential Complications
​Lisfranc injuries may result in arthritis and chronic pain in the middle of the foot. This may require additional treatment. With surgery, injury to the nerves and tendons may occur. Because of the swelling that often occurs with this injury, complications such as wound opening, infection and/or further swelling of the foot may occur after surgery.

The outcome for Lisfranc injuries depends on their severity. Some patients will not be able to return to their pre-injury level of functioning or athletics even with well-performed treatment. The cartilage joint surfaces are commonly injured and some patients may develop arthritis of the middle of the foot. It is also common for pain to continue in the joints after this injury. For some patients, surgery such a fusion of the joints may be necessary to relieve arthritis pain.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

CB projections and Gaines

The Professor911July 20, 2017 03:46PM

Bump- I think this is an interesting topic

rambleon233July 21, 2017 08:18PM

Re: Bump- I think this is an interesting topic

Rams43262July 22, 2017 03:04AM

oldschoolramfan212July 22, 2017 06:55AM

Classicalwit207July 22, 2017 01:53PM