Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, IMO the short answer is yes.

June 12, 2017 03:59AM
I'd have to go back on my gut feeling and what I've been saying for a year to think otherwise.

I don't believe the Rams talent matches their poor record, and I lay it all on the lack of development and coaching.

That especially goes for the O.

Did they have holes? Yes. And the youth movement was poorly done in the sense that there were no vets to help lead the way. It might look cool on paper to have a bunch of guys who are barely old enough to buy a beer man the Oline; but then you better have someone who is at least as good at teaching/development as they are at coaching. Clearly, this has not happened.

Just look at what different eyes saw: the team was desperate for veteran leadership. So they bring in vet leadership at LT and C. Even on the D, bringing in Kayvon-Webster and Barwin; both guys are described not only as good dependable players, but as strong leaders.

The game evolves. And you can't run a 1980's O system in 2017. That is what Fisher had in mind and in as much said so. Think about what he did: he wanted a big workhorse power back to run it 30 times a game, and a pocket passer. Limit the turnovers on O. Be conservative. That was the 80's formula. Do just enough on O: win with D.

I think McVay could have taken last year's team to at least 3 more wins because there would have been an O that made sense and at least schematically challenged the D.

Speaking of the D: Wade Phillips didn't come to LA because he thought he'd have to rebuild the D or because he thought he'd have a so-so D. I think he knows he has a chance to take the pieces already in place and create a top notch D (top 6 or 7).

The D affects the O and vice versa. They help each other. Fisher always saw the O as the red haired stepchild.

So, I do think the Rams have a chance to improve the product on the field considerably this year. Not playoffs. But perhaps 8-8, maybe with good health and the ball bouncing right for them, 9-7.

Bottom line: the Ra
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

There are signs that Jared Goff might be much improved/LA Times

RamBill852June 11, 2017 05:51PM

was last season was a Kobayashi Maru test for the O?

Atlantic Ram325June 11, 2017 06:55PM

Re: was last season was a Kobayashi Maru test for the O?

David Deacon273June 12, 2017 01:59AM

I'll answer this AFTER......

Ramgator281June 12, 2017 02:21AM

Well, IMO the short answer is yes.

RockRam204June 12, 2017 03:59AM

Yet another positive beat reporter observation about Goff...

Rams43264June 11, 2017 07:38PM

Re: Yet another positive beat reporter observation about Goff...

oldschoolramfan205June 12, 2017 07:02AM

Re: ok this in good to read

Speed_Kills329June 12, 2017 07:01AM