Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: How Many did you get right? Does it matter?

June 07, 2017 06:06AM
RamJr
laram
in his rookie year.

That is not correct.

If we had not experienced a data dump on the site I could show his TD's allowed.

When I get time I will try and re-create the post.

I asked Chris Collingsworth personally in Indy what PFF does if they don't know the play or assignment and he said "I told them to not grade it they are not suppose to guess".

They DO.

As for Brocker's you don't draft a player in the top 15 to do "grunt work"....well losing organizations DO.

But, I know for a FACT that the Rams (Fisher) drafted Brocker's to be his Haynesworth in the defense.

It's why they had him gain weight, lose weight, etc., in an attempt to make him a pass rusher.

Fringe posters could probably list 20 or so "grunt lineman" not drafted in the 1st rd. Pfffffttt

They absolutely don't grade plays where they don't know the assignment or play, meaning if there is a clear miscommunication or a wrong route run since there is no way to know who was wrong. The play gets a 0 to not effect the grade and then it will get looked at another time.

Take a look at Paul Alexander comparing 600 plays and see what the discrepancies are. You have reservations, to say the least, and it's fair, but there's something to be said about the vesting and amount of work that goes into communicating with coaches to ensure the highest level of accuracy in what is recorded. I don't think 28, soon to be 32, teams would be using this information if it was detrimental to their team. I also think there is something to be said about Gunther Cunningham leaving his front office job with the Lions to become employed by PFF.

I know you're not suddenly going to agree with me, but your doubts are being met with answers and soon, you'll be on a witch hunt.
[t.co]

I don't provide a service for profit, so your question to me is irrelevant to the discussion.

Gunther as well as other persons with football backgrounds have joined PFF and its smart business decision making in an attempt to make them more credible.

They're moving in the right direction and away from the business model that utilized the machinations of an Englishmen in his basement.

I see that as a prodigious improvement.

THAT is the answer that I see.

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Michael Brockers Grade on the Rise For 3rd Straight Season/PFF

RamBill828June 06, 2017 12:50PM

underappreciated....

LMU93262June 06, 2017 02:25PM

Grunt work always is

Flipper336345June 06, 2017 03:05PM

For years book on Rams was pound the A gaps.. Attachments

Blue and Gold255June 06, 2017 07:12PM

Brockers great value

LMU93270June 07, 2017 03:21AM

Re: +1

leafnose199June 07, 2017 03:37AM

+2

Blue and Gold306June 07, 2017 06:05AM

Re: Depending on the front...

laram211June 07, 2017 04:15AM

Re: Same PFF that says Gaines only allowed 1 TD...

laram267June 06, 2017 07:02PM

Re: Same PFF that says Gaines only allowed 1 TD...

zn252June 06, 2017 07:30PM

Re: How Many did you get right?

RamJr255June 07, 2017 04:06AM

Re: How Many did you get right? Does it matter?

laram216June 07, 2017 06:06AM