Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Five Takeaways from Rams OTA No. 4/Simmons

May 31, 2017 09:36AM
Five Takeaways from Rams OTA No. 4

By Myles Simmons

After a long holiday weekend, the Rams were back on the field for their fourth of 10 OTA practices on Tuesday. Here are five takeaways from the session.

1) Brown takes snaps at right tackle

There’s a solid competition brewing at right tackle between Greg Robinson and Jamon Brown. With the free agent signing of left tackle Andrew Whitworth, head coach Sean McVay moved Robinson to the right side of the line. And after Brown impressed throughout the offseason program, the coaching staff opted to give him first-team snaps at right tackle during Tuesday’s session.

“The right tackle position is something that we’re evaluating. I think Greg has shown some good signs. Any time that you transition from the left to the right, there is an adjustment period,” McVay said. “It was good to see Jamon Brown. He’s continuing to grow and improve.

“That’s a position where we feel like we’ve got some good options at that spot,” McVay continued, “and we’ll continue to evaluate that moving forward.”

[MORE: Brown talks taking snaps at right tackle]

Brown played at both tackle spots in college at Louisville, so he has familiarity and a sense of comfort there after working at guard for his first two seasons in the NFL.

“It’s kind of easy to knock the rust off and get back to doing what I did,” Brown said. “It’s been going pretty good. I don’t think there’s too much rust.”

2) Johnson, Donald absent

While cornerback Trumaine Johnson has been an active participant in the Rams’ offseason program, he opted to skip Tuesday’s practice.

“It’s a situation where I continue to remind people that it is voluntary,” McVay said. “We’re not sure where Trumaine was today, but it is voluntary. Guys that stepped up in his absence did an excellent job. I’m sure we’ll find out specifically because he’s done a great job this offseason communicating and being here every day.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Five Takeaways from Rams OTA No. 4/Simmons

RamBill999May 31, 2017 09:36AM

Rams working on 2 minute drill. First time for everything

promomasterj398May 31, 2017 12:41PM

Re: some real stuff

leafnose363May 31, 2017 03:16PM

The book is just about written on GRob, it's a dud.

max336May 31, 2017 04:19PM