Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: you're right

June 01, 2017 08:19AM
SoCalRAMatic
Mass condemnation of our third best player is absurd. Who are our top two? AD and Hekker. But, right now, TG30 should be right there at three with Quinn hopefully back to being a Pro Bowler. I think we'll be fun to watch.

I don't know that it was mass condemnation, So Cal. But I am critical, and really hope that his abysmal showings from last year were an anomaly and the rebound will massive.

Yes, of course; there's no doubt that in the games I saw in person the siege in the backfield from the instant the ball was snapped was often horrendous on running plays. And, yes, it started to become pretty easy to see where the ball was going far too often from the huddle break.

However, for all the extenuating circumstances I did not see the elite RB. Setting aside the former offense is going to show whether he suffered a sophomore season. With a pass first scheme, I figure Todd gets his chances to prove out pretty quick what is in store for the season.

As for rating at number 3? Think he moves up to number 2 on the list as Quinn's recovery at this stage is pocked with blemishes.
Robert ought to be entering the prime of his career. The hard news, imo, is that he needs qualified relief, and not be counted on to overdue his snaps early in the season. Wade has an onslaught of new bodies to peruse through; Kind of interesting to see how he fits them together, but counting on Quinn to be the disruptive powerhouse down in and out, game after game?

I just don't see how he holds up if he's taking too many snaps. If they can figure out how to adjust and get another couple of edge guys from the weakside to fill? Well, number 2 is possible. But walking in the door? Right after Aaron is Todd. Face of franchise, 3rd year player, and heavier expectations.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Signs point to fewer catches, better season for Rams' Todd Gurley

RamBill661May 30, 2017 05:09AM

still like to see him used as a receiver

LMU93190May 30, 2017 08:25AM

He should be targeted as much as possible

Hazlet Hacksaw198May 30, 2017 09:18AM

Gurley will get both his carries and his targets this season...

Rams43254May 30, 2017 08:37AM

Hopefully Gurley feels the same way

Hazlet Hacksaw209May 30, 2017 09:20AM

Re: ugly truth

leafnose207May 31, 2017 04:42AM

you're right

21Dog221May 31, 2017 04:56AM

SoCalRAMatic185May 31, 2017 08:44PM

leafnose191June 01, 2017 08:19AM