Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Headed in Wrong Direction: I don't buy Seattle on this List

May 29, 2017 12:06PM
Florida_Ram
I agree that the Seahawks are not the NFC Power they've been in recent years but to put the "window is closing" label on them doesn't fly so much with me.

Sure the Hawks Defense has gotten older and it might take another little step back again this year.

Their O-Line needs to be fixed asap but so does 65% of the other NFL teams.

I might be biased but when you have a perennial Top 10 NFL quarterback on the roster, your window can open back up as quickly as it starts to close. If Russell Wilson stays healthy this team will be competitive like it always is, just maybe not as dominant.

When you have Russell Wilson on your team it merely takes one good draft and a few solid free agent signings to steer the team back in the Right Direction.

The Hawks have a resume for finding Gems in their drafts so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys plug up some of their leaks in the next couple of years.

Seahawks 2017 DRAFT

Round 2, Pick 3 (35) (From Jaguars) Malik McDowell DT 6'6" 295 Michigan St. 6.2
Pick Analysis: "This kid is gifted genetically. He played both inside and out, but he runs hot and cold. ... I've had an awful lot of coaches say if we can unlock the potential in this kid, we can have something special. Pete Carroll has always done a great job of taking these types of guys and getting the best." -- Mike Mayock

Round 2, Pick 26 (58) Ethan Pocic C 6'6" 310 LSU 5.7
Pick Analysis: "Great pick for them. They have not been the same since they lost Max Unger. ... He's smart. He gets up to that second level which you need at the center position. This is going to fortify them in the inside. Something they've needed since they lost Max Unger." -- Brian Billick

Round 3, Pick 26 (90) Shaquill Griffin DB 6'0" 194 Central Florida 5.6
Has good size and strength. Has a disruptive punch and feet to impede in press coverage. Loose and athletic in his movement. Able to flip hips and match receivers without giving up much early separation in his transition. Allowed just 32.9 percent of throws his way to be completed. Possesses plus ball skills. Uses well-timed leaps and strong hands to challenge at the catch point. Is a rake it or take it cornerback with 34 passes defensed over the last two seasons, including six interceptions. Runs through targets looking to jar the catch loose. Aggressive in run support. Looks to play through receivers on the way to the ball. Can wrap up or chop down running backs.

Round 3, Pick 31 (95) (From Falcons) Delano Hill SS 6'1" 216 Michigan 5.4
Second-team All-Big Ten notice as a senior (52 tackles, 4.5 for loss, three interceptions, three pass breakups.) The depth of Michigan's secondary kept Hill off the field as a freshman in 2013 (one tackle), but he fought his way into the starting lineup five times the following year (20 tackles) despite his missing time in preseason with a broken jaw and a few midseason games with a leg injury.

Round 3, Pick 38 (102) (Compensatory Selection) Nazair Jones DT 6'5" 304 North Carolina 5.5
Pick Analysis: "I thought he fit best in a 3-4 scheme as what they call a five-technique, but he can play defensive tackle. He's got an ideal body type for that. Six-five, over 300 pounds, thought he did a nice job kind of getting in the way of a lot of passes. The only downside I felt with Naz Jones was he ran a little bit hot and cold. He could dominate games at times and then other times he'd disappear for long chunks of times." -- Mike Mayock

Round 3, Pick 42 (106) (Compensatory Selection) Amara Darboh WR 6'2" 214 Michigan 5.6
Pick Analysis: "He's got a combination of size and speed and he competes. I thought he struggled a little bit against quality press. They played Colorado and he had trouble getting off press coverage. When he had open access, he was fine. He's also a good special teams player. I think he'll have the ability to cover kicks and punts and he's a tough kid." -- Mike Mayock

Round 4, Pick 4 (111) (From 49ers through Bears) Tedric Thompson FS 6'0" 204 Colorado 5.6
Pick Analysis: Seattle continues to add depth to the Legion of Boom, which started to show some signs of regression last season. Thompson is a rangy, ball-hawking safety who should be a subpackage addition to a team that managed just 11 interceptions in '16. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 3 (187) (From Jaguars) Michael Tyson S 6'1" 204 Cincinnati 5.0
Pick Analysis: Tyson is a flex box safety who's right at home near the line of scrimmage, so he'll be a subpackage piece for Seattle. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 26 (210) Justin Senior OT 6'5" 331 Mississippi St. 5.0
Pick Analysis: Offensive line was a glaring need for Seattle entering the draft, so it's surprising that the Canada-native is just their 2nd draft addition to that unit. Senior isn't ready this season, but Seattle is thin at offensive line so they could end up calling his name sooner they'd like. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 8 (226) (From Panthers) David Moore WR 6'1" 219 East Central (OK) 5.0
Pick Analysis: Moore will have a chance to earn a special teams job in camp. He's a size/speed receiver if he can earn a spot in the 'Hawks rotation. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 31 (249) (From Falcons) Christopher Carson RB 6'0" 218 Oklahoma St. 5.1
Pick Analysis: Seattle will love Carson's physicality as a banger between the tackles, but their backfield may be too crowded as it stands. --Mark Dulgerian
[www.nfl.com]

Seattle Seahawks 6 Teams headed in the Wrong Direction

[www.msn.com]
Outside of what is looking like a pretty interesting split in the locker room between Russell Wilson and the rest of the team’s roster, there’s a lot of other things to look at here.

First off, Seattle’s offensive line remains one of the worst in the NFL. Signing first-round bust Luke Joeckel to play left tackle won’t fix that. And pretty much ignoring the offensive line early in this year’s draft will likely come back to haunt general manager John Schneider.

Despite his ability to escape the pocket, Russell Wilson was pressured at a higher percentage than all but four regular starters last season. That’s a huge problem here.

Also important to note, the Seahawks were a downright disaster on the ground in Marshawn Lynch’s first (and only) season in retirement. Youngster Thomas Rawls failed to remain healthy, and there wasn’t a whole lot behind him on the depth chart. Will Eddie Lacy be able to help Pete Carroll and Co. get back to the basics on the ground after signing an incentive-laden deal? That’s a huge question heading into the season.

All the while, there seems to be this major black cloud hanging over the Seahawks. It’s not a secret that All Pro corner Richard Sherman found himself on the trade block throughout the offseason. Heck, he could still be moved. With Earl Thomas coming off major lower-body surgery, Seattle’s Legion of Boom could be doomed to pedestrian status here soon.

It was just a couple short years ago that the Seahawks’ Super Bowl window seemed to be wide open. That’s obviously no longer the case. The only saving grace here is that the rest of the NFC West appeared to be average at best.

Hawks last five seasons
2016 10-5-1
2015 10-6
2014 12-4
2013 13-3
2012 11-5

When the Hawks start winning 9 games or less, I'm not expecting them to fall fast anytime soon.

Being a Rams fan, I'm mostly concerned about the Rams getting their own house in order..

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Six Teams Headed in Wrong Direction

Rampage2K-1081May 29, 2017 08:22AM

Re: Six Teams Headed in Wrong Direction

Rams43321May 29, 2017 08:44AM

Re: Six Teams Headed in Wrong Direction

Rampage2K-267May 29, 2017 09:24AM

yeah Seattle's window has been closing

ferragamo79232May 29, 2017 09:51AM

Headed in Wrong Direction: I don't buy Seattle on this List