Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I agree and there's some more too..

April 30, 2017 09:22AM
Rams43
I'll confess that I was scratching my head and asking WTH?

But it was because of my ignorance.

After reading up on this kid, I became more and more comfortable.

For one thing, he's downright inspirational. A teammate's teammate. The kind of player one finds on playoff teams.

I read where he was the highest rated FB in the entire draft.

But you know what's the biggest thing? The biggest thing is that I think it means that McVay is damned serious about improving our running game and believes that a FB will turbocharge Gurley's production.

I read where Gurley's best production came when an H-back was blocking for him in '15. Last year, not so much. Wish I could provide a link. Sorry.

If true, this pick could bode very well for Gurley and our entire O. I think I badly underestimated this pick.

We'll see.

He's a weapon too not just a blocker (not saying you said he was btw...I add, in case... cool smiley ). He catches and he runs, he pass blocks, and he can line up all over the formation--in the backfield, inline.

Harkey could block and then add a few receptions.

Rogers just does more. He will most likely be a good and maybe even prolific receiving back, and will add some carries of his own on top of it.

He;s just very multidimensional.

AND what you said about him being a pro's pro is just dead on. He's a McVay style player when it comes to that. Bright, passionate, plays hard.

In all the draft reactions btw I read something interesting. When VT played Pitt none of their tackles could block Price (the pass rushing LB the Rams took in the draft, coincidentally). So they put Rogers on him and Rogers's blocking then made him a non-factor. So it's not just that he can pass block (in addition to run block), he can do it at a high level, apparently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2017 09:26AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

About that FB, the Sam Rogers kid...

Rams43688April 30, 2017 08:02AM

Re: About that FB, the Sam Rogers kid...

den-the-coach378April 30, 2017 08:15AM

"rolling ball of butcher knives"..

Rampage2K-340April 30, 2017 08:19AM

Gurley said he likes a fullback

Blue and Gold302April 30, 2017 08:24AM

Re: About that FB, the Sam Rogers kid...

Blue and Gold335April 30, 2017 08:26AM

FB, the Sam Rogers kid... Sneaky pick.

Anonymous User445April 30, 2017 08:54AM

I agree and there's some more too..

zn228April 30, 2017 09:22AM