Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

whats left of my bigboard (with notes)

April 28, 2017 07:17PM
26. Caleb Brantley - DT - Florida - A 3 tech in a 4-3 defense. A very disruptive interior lineman. Excellent quickness off the snap. Interviewed poorly at the combine. (assault + his combine interviews are causing him to drop)

55. Carl Lawson - DE/OLB - Auburn - Explosive off the edge, also good at setting the edge. Injury history and needs to develop more pass rush moves. (I would assume his injury history is dropping him)

61. Desmond King - S- Iowa - Played corner for the Hawkeyes but lack of speed will move him to safety. Instictive with ball skills. Physically limited. (A CB that runs like a FS, should be a FS )

73. Dorian Johnson - OG - Pitt - Big, strong with an excellent lower body for a OG. Needs to stay engaged in blocks longer at times.

80. Chad Hansen - WR - Cal - good size @ 6'-2" and deceptive speed. Plays smooth and physical. Good hands. needs to create more separation. ( not getting the respect he deserves )

82. Isaac Asiata - OG - Utah - has played OG/OC - A flat out non-stop mauler that can be over aggressive at times. (Concerns about scheme fits and issues with pass blocking)

89. Jordan Leggett - TE - Clemson - Good length for the position at 6'-5". Hands catcher that really puts pressure on the seam. Can block. Stiff and needs to put in consistent effort. (victim of a deep TE class)

91. Eddie Jackson - S - Alabama - Rangy S that has played CB. Has good ball skills and is a +punt returner. Average athlete. (Deep class +
injury )

97. Nathan Peterman - QB - Pitt - Average physically, inc. his arm. Came from a pro style offense so can drop back. mechanics need work, but he is accurate. (limited physically )

98. Dede Westbrook - WR - Oklahoma - Smooth route runner that is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Extremely light in the weight deptartment. 9Serious off the field stuff that he never cleared up at the combine )

100. George Kittle - TE - Iowa - Good blocker, +hands that can press the seams and is more of a reciever then your typical Iowa TE. needs route work. ( victim of deep TE class )

105. Anthony Walker Jr. - ILB - Northwestern - instinctive middle LBer works best going downhill. A little limited athletically. Athletically limited ILBers drop as a rule )

106. Jake Butt - TE - Michigan - A tough in-line chain moving TE with strong hands. OK as a blocker. Tore his ACL in bowl game. (Deep TE class and injury topped with more athletic TEs avail. )

108. Roderick Johnson - OT - Florida State - Tall OT with long arms and uses them well with a solid punch. Strong. Balance and movement issues make him a RT. ( just too sluggish for a LT)

109. Malachi Dupree - WR - LSU - good size at 6'-2" 200 lbs, solid hands with excellent body control. QB play makes him a hard eval. Doesn't play to his 4.5 speed. ( Just not enough good tape regardless of why (see: QB, poor play ))

110. Jaleel Johnson - DT - Iowa - Athletic with a revved up motor for a big kid. Excellent hand use. Gets upright at times and issues once a blocker gets into his body. ( Lacking an anchor )

111. Bucky Hodges - TE - Virginia Tech - Tall, smooth TE with 4.57 speed. Will work the seam and the redzone. Needs route work. Hands can be iffy at times. Deep TE class victim )

113. Blair Brown - OLB - Ohio - Instictive, downhill LBer that finishes. A tad undersized. (undersized + small school )

114. Josh Reynolds - WR - Texas A&M - Long WR with 4.5 speed that wins jump balls. Wins contested balls and is a vertical threat. Thin framed that has problems with the jam. ( Lack of route running + lean frame )

115. Carlos Watkins - DT - Clemson - Big and athletic. Good hand use. Can get leveraged by OGs, needs to play lower. (motor )

116. Samaje Perine - RB - Oklahoma - A bruiser back with yards after contact power. Not much wiggle. (not a HR threat )

117. Nico Siragusa - OG - San Deigo State - A muscular fire hydrant. Excellent run blocker. Needs work on pass pro. ( lack of pass pro in a passing league )

118. Elijah Qualls - DT - Washington - A 6'-1" space eating fire hydrant. Short arms and legs make it difficult for him to make plays. (too squatty at 6'-1" and a whopping 313 lbs. )

121. - Vince Biegel - OLB - Wisconsin - 3-4 OLB with a high motor. Plays the run well. At his best playing downhill. Needs to get stronger (once he gets engaged, tough to disengage) (under rated and overlooked due to teammate TJ Watt )

122. Eric Magnuson - OL - Michigan - Gets the OL designation because I feel he could play multiple positions. Experience at OG and OT. I think he ends up inside. Needs to get stronger. (missing an NFL position )

124. Noah Brown - WR - Ohio State - A big, physical WR that wins contested catches and moves the sticks. Really raw and young. (too raw and lacks explosiveness )

So 26 of my top 32 went in the first round.
I have 26 of my 125 players left after 106 picks.

So I am sure a bunch more fall off before we get to 125 so I feel pretty good about how I did this year.

As far as the Rams:
4th 112
4th 141
6th 189
6th 206
7th 234

In the 4th its time to get a OLB. I would bang the table for Carl Lawson or Vince Beigel at 112. Same thing with Issac Asiata OG Utah. Those would be my top 3 targets. Dorian Johnson would be right behind them.

Chase Roullier OC Wyoming would be a serious target at the top of the 6th.

KD Cannon somewhere late.

Josh Reynolds would be a personal favorite.

If Dupree and Ford keep dropping I would take a look.

Kazee CB - go get him at the end of the 4th

Channing Stribling might work in the 4th as a CB

Corn Elder - if he lasts til the end of 4th

Julie'n Davenport as a OT of the future. grab him at the end of the 4th.

Jon Toth in the 6th if no Roullier, possibly Tyler Orlosky in the 7th

Keion Adams ILB 6th Round - pass rush animal

Jayon Brown, Ben Gedeon, Ben Boulware ILBs all late (6th to 7th )

DT jarron Jones ND - 7th round flyer

as far as RBs - lots of talent falling. Perine in the 4th, Pumphrey in the 6th, Brian Hill 4th,

TEs Kittle, Butt, Hodges and Leggett - why not double down

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

whats left of my bigboard (with notes)

Deadpool1197April 28, 2017 07:17PM

Re: whats left of my bigboard (with notes)

gatoramos363April 28, 2017 08:46PM

Re: whats left of my bigboard (with notes)

oldmanram378April 29, 2017 02:12AM

I've heard the Rams like Biegel

BigGame81409April 29, 2017 05:03AM

you the man

ferragamo79272April 29, 2017 06:02AM

A great read

RamUK277April 29, 2017 06:10AM