Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mayock covered towards the end of the day two coverage

April 28, 2017 06:32PM
Deadpool
I actually had John Johnson and Copper Kupp mocked in my mocked in my very first mock of the year 3 months ago.I also had Johnson mocked in my 2nd mock a month after that. My comment on him from that mock:

A rangey FS that isn't afraid to stick his nose in the LoS. He can get deeked by double moves, but it isn't anything that isn't correctable.I honestly think in a normal year for FSs he would be a 3rd rounder at worst. Its just so deep the Rams should take advantage of it.

I had him rated at #125, this is from my bigboard:

125. John Johnson - S - Boston College - Has played CB and S. Smooth with +footwork. Excellent ball skills and gets sideline to sideline. Needs to play more physically as a S.

+ball skills
excellent range
willing tackler
CB experience
a tad undersized
smooth movement skills
+feet
not a hammer

I am thrilled with this pick. Hammers are fine, but ballhawks that don't blow coverages are even nicer. He could line up anywhere for the Rams.

Liked him. FS-type as you noted, said every bit as good as fellow BC safety DEN drafted in third round last year. Thinks he can start as rookie.

Should be a nice complement to Mo Alexander, we have needed a FS for a while, too many SS types like McDonald.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My John Johnson profile

Deadpool726April 28, 2017 06:16PM

Been wanting a ballhawk safety for years

Blue and Gold342April 28, 2017 06:24PM

Re: Been wanting a ballhawk safety for years

RamBruce340April 28, 2017 06:26PM

Yep, the Pead pick taught us that

Blue and Gold323April 28, 2017 06:31PM

Mayock covered towards the end of the day two coverage

Kind of Blue/Gold354April 28, 2017 06:32PM