Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A RAM life has gone full circle.......

April 26, 2017 02:33PM
I began my RAM life in 1968......watching a team in B/W TV .......with curled horns and playing in a far away place. I watched from afar for years on end, never thinking of them leaving the Coliseum. I also watched many a TV show with that place being a point of those TV shows....Dragnet...CHiPs.....and others....

They leave there and go to Anaheim.....I see the Raiders take over and win a SB.....I see my team in person for the 1st time play in Tampa.....when the loser would leave town game.....we lost...we moved to STL.....It's at this time in life we start going to see the team with those horns in person time after time......but the chance of seeing them play in the Coliseum in my mind and more my heart was gone forever.

Well by golly by gosh.....today we got tickets for the opener.....may not be at the 50.....may not be with on field passes.....all I ever wanted was the chance to see the place where Waterfield, Fears, Van Brocklin, Gabriel, Snow, Deacon, Olsen, Meador, and on and on put their cleats on and kicked A$$.....

Staying for a week......going to the game.....win or lose.....it's for me a bucket list deal.....and really when they left I thought well that's that.......would like to meet some of you, but I've asked at other venues and got no response....so I'll leave that for what it's worth.....

But damn...I'm going to the place where the RAMS became the RAMS.....and it was a weird trip... watching from a far with no chance of seeing them play at the RAMS (IMO) real home to seeing them play in all places across the country and finally seeing them play in the Mecca of RAMDOM.......for those who saw them play there I understand the ho hum idea....but from a kid to becoming an old kid....we finally made it.....What a historic piece of land........

And playing the Colts even adds a bit more to the surreal...back in the day it was Johnny U to Raymond....Gabe to Snow......and the colors are back to that time frame......

Sometimes those who wait do get their wish....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 02:34PM by roman18.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A RAM life has gone full circle.......

roman18906April 26, 2017 02:33PM

Re: A RAM life has gone full circle.......

stlramz356April 26, 2017 02:37PM

roman18314April 26, 2017 02:43PM

Re: unique moments

leafnose251April 27, 2017 03:46AM

I'm not Waterfield...

JamesJM301April 26, 2017 02:42PM

I am Waterfield

waterfield241April 27, 2017 01:29PM

oldmanram336April 26, 2017 11:52PM