Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The last REAL good time to be a Ram!

April 05, 2017 08:12PM
I was at that game....January 08th, 2005.Bravo Smiley

My memories:

Tom Nutten went in as a wounded warrior and got carried off the gridiron on his shield in the 4th Quarter, like a brave fallen Spartan off the battlefield.worthy smiley
Savvy veteran Marshall Faulk was nicked up but played a noble game.
Steven Jackson, our prized rookie........did absolutely nothing! sad smiley
LB (and clear leader on D) Pisa Tinoisamoa played like a Wildman. He was literally all over the field.
Aeneas Williams was hurt and warmed up....but could not go.....very sad.
John Madden's pet, OLB Tommy Polley was disappointing.
Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce were their normal marvelous selves with those great 17 yard dig patterns.
Kevin Curtis came to play that day man.....over 100 yards receiving for the Mormon kid from Utah!
Mike Martz broke the Seahawks backs with that Student Body Left deal which left Shawn RamSmurf McDonald all alone on the right for that huge gain to setup our winning TD.
Sedro Woolley WA native Cam Cleeland climbed the step ladder to snag Marc Bulger's fastball and tumbled into the Shehawks End Zone for the winning score.

Oh yeah, and Marc ToughAsNails Bulger was just great that day!! A lesser man would've coughed up his spleen with the punishment the Seattle defenders laid on Bulger that game.....but the plucky Pittsburgh kid shook off all the hits and managed an awesome game, with a very limited running game, but boy did Marc have great touch that game!!!

The last Playoff Game the Seahawks had won before that game in January 2005 was under their old HC Ground Chuck Knox when they upset Don Shula's Dolphins. That game occurred during the First Reagan Administration IN 1983!!!.........SO THE SEATTLE CROWD THAT DAY WAS LIT UP LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO HEAR THE GUY NEXT TO YOU WHEN THE CROWD WAS ON ITS FEET CHEERING. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS ALMOST SURREAL....I REMEMBER WRITING MY ACCOUNT OF THE GAME IN THE OLD POST-DISPATCH RAMS TALK FORUM & SAYING THAT WHAT I WITNESSED WITH THAT SEATTLE CROWD MUST'VE BEEN LIKE IT WAS TO BE AT ONE OF THOSE NUREMBURG RALLIES IN 1930'S GERMANY!! THAT SEATTLE CROWD WAS ABSOLUTELY DEAFENING!!!.....AND YES, I AM SHOUTING.....JUST SO YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How about a game vid to remember

CraigMatson559April 05, 2017 05:35AM

The last REAL good time to be a Ram!

Ramgator225April 05, 2017 06:59PM

canuckramsfans209April 05, 2017 08:12PM

CraigMatson187April 06, 2017 07:36AM

Ever notice Bill Kollar

PeoriaRa232April 06, 2017 04:00AM

that swing pass to McDonald

LMU93209April 06, 2017 08:11AM