Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wade's 3-4 / Rams Front 7

February 27, 2017 05:16AM
I'm excited about a 3-4 for the Rams but I'm wondering what it will look like for us.
Hoping the HERD can help me understand the likely fits for existing / returning players and what player types we might need to acquire?

Brockers - Nose Tackle, correct?
Donald, Hayes, Simms - Defensive Ends? Which side will Donald be?
Quinn - OLB, pass rusher?
Ogletree - ILB I assume? In a 4-3 the MLB is considered the QB of the defense, what about in a 3-4?
Barron - OLB?

Aren't we light on LBs in general? Would any of these front 7 free agents help us?

Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Cardinals. Age: 27.
The Cardinals stole Chandler Jones away from the Patriots, and they'll be the clear winners of the trade if they manage to re-sign him. Jones is a stellar pass-rusher who routinely records double-digit sacks each year. He's only 27 in February, so he still has at least four seasons of high play remaining in the tank, so he deserves a huge contract.

Calais Campbell, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 31.
Calais Campbell is one of the top defensive linemen in the NFL. He's outstanding in every regard, placing tons of pressure on opposing quarterbacks and clamping down against the run. He would be a five-star free agent if he were a couple of years younger, but he turns 31 on the first day of September.

Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, Chargers. Age: 28.
Melvin Ingram is a terrific edge rusher. He's collected close to 20 sacks over the past couple of years, and he's also a force against the run. He has about three more years of high-level play, so he's definitely deserving of a huge contract.

Brandon Williams, NT, Ravens. Age: 28.
Ozzie Newsome recently said that Brandon Williams is one of the best nose tackles in the NFL. Williams has played like it at times, though he had a bit of a down year in 2016. Still, he's a terrific, run-stuffing nose tackle.

Chris Baker, DE/DT, Redskins. Age: 29.
Chris Baker was the lone bright spot on the Redskins' dismal defensive line this past year. He was a force against the run and also generated a good amount of pressure on the quarterback, collecting 4.5 sacks, which is a solid number for a player at his position. The downside is that Baker turns 30 in October, but he should be able to play on a high level for at least two more years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2017 05:17AM by Saban23.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wade's 3-4 / Rams Front 7

Saban23607February 27, 2017 05:16AM

Re: Wade's 3-4 / Rams Front 7

CraigMatson210February 27, 2017 05:49AM