Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nope. The issue in today's short-intermediate passing game in Interior oline

February 23, 2017 11:01AM
I think the entire issue of the LT position is overblown.
It doesn't take an All-World, let alone All-Pro, LT for a team to win it all. I'm not saying Robinson is the answer. I'm saying that they can probably get younger, cheaper options that are adequate.

The issue is the interior oline. It is the shortest distance to the QB, and it is the key for rushing the ball. Most systems are designed to give help outside with a TE or perhaps a RB chipping. The OT's job more than ever is to cut off the inside move, and then just push his man as far wide as possible. Stoning your man at the LOS for a OT is nice, and it certainly can aid an offense; but it is not necessary to have an excellent Offense. The ball needs to be gone, most times, pretty quickly.

The other issue is that with these hybrid defenses, it's hard to tell where a pass rush is coming from. It's as likely to come up the middle as from the outside.
So to me, G-C-G is where the Rams need to concentrate. Then they need a real good blocking TE (I think they have a "stop gap" in Harkey who can at least come off his man into an empty zone). I think Havenstein will be fine at RT, and we can probably scrape up a serviceable LT at a reasonable price. I still think Saffold is probably the best LT on the team as of right now and if he gets training camp reps there, he'll do OK.

Center is our most pressing Oline position.

Okung is constantly injured and as a vet with some rep, he'll demand too much money.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Any Russell Okung takers??

laram660February 23, 2017 08:19AM

Re: Any Russell Okung takers??

RFIP276February 23, 2017 10:14AM

Nope. The issue in today's short-intermediate passing game in Interior oline

RockRam277February 23, 2017 11:01AM

Re: Rock where did most of the sacks and pressures come from?

laram215February 23, 2017 11:38AM

delete double post

zn182February 23, 2017 03:06PM

word is Kromer relies on good interior line play

zn222February 23, 2017 03:08PM