Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Difference between Austin and Robinson when evaluating

February 18, 2017 04:20AM
There has been criticism of both and for some unknown reason Robinson has many fans so forgiving for street free agent level play instead of #2 in a draft play. I have been highly critical of Robinson and only slightly critical of Austin.

In a same way, both have good play at times in the game. In fact Robinson probably has a higher percentage of good plays than Austin, but I am lukewarm on Austin and down on Robinson,

Why?

I think the position of WR is evaluating about a players ability to make the big play that can change the momentum of the game favorable. Austin over the years has delivered key plays in a game in a positive way. One year he had 10 touchdowns, but you always feel there could be a play made at any time. While he is not first round value, he provides value with his play making ability.

I think just the opposite of Left Tackle. Left tackle is evaluated by the "LACK OF NEGATIVE" plays versus making a great play. Robinson is near the top of the NFL on penalties year after year. I cannot prove this, but I think he is also near the top of the NFL on missed assignments, Blocking the wrong person or not blocking anything. Than there is the fundamental mistakes where he just loses his block when trying to over power.

To me, in giving the draft pick, I would give Austin a much higher grade. In fact, had he not been picked in the 1st round, I give him a B, but since he was picked high, I give him a C.

I would give Robinson a D. The only reason I don't give him a F is because he gets playing time, but I feel Robinson really hurts an offense.

1) The obvious is the drive killing and game changing momentum plays with his missed assignments and penalties.

2) Another intangible that I believe is difficult to prove but fairly certain is there, is the need to limit or dummy down the offense because Robinson can't be trusted with a volume of plays or can't be trusted to be left in a vulnerable situation where he has to improvise on the fly. This allows the other team to really attack an already bad offense and I believe this is one of the reasons the Rams were one of the worst offenses in NFL history the past 2 years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Difference between Austin and Robinson when evaluating

Rams_81746February 18, 2017 04:20AM

Re: Very thoughtfull and interesting ...nm

BumRap168February 18, 2017 07:40PM

Re: Difference between Austin and Robinson when evaluating

CraigMatson176February 19, 2017 08:08AM