Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Me too but

January 14, 2017 03:27AM
HighPlainsDrifter
and this is no commentary on how successful I think Sean McVay will be as the Rams' head coach, but this guy is a real breath of fresh air. He has a big personality and confidence. You get the feeling that he could talk football all day long and never touch on the same topic twice. He talks about tailoring the schemes to fit the players' strengths and that is completely antithetical to Jeff Fisher's approach, I don't know how this whole thing is going to work out, but McVay is a guy that is going to be very easy to pull for and a guy that the players will gravitate towards. I hate to say it, but I'm excited.

Proof is forthcoming. Faith is believing without seeing (the Fisher way I might add) - so while I have more confidence right now by far, many questions loom ahead.

How will handle the pressures once the honeymoon wears off?

IF Goff looks as bad as last year, how does he handle it both internally and with the media/fan base? Does he give the Fisher lip-service responses?

Here's the biggy for me: Is he in a "sink or swim" with Goff? In other words MUST he succeed or fail with him or is he given the ability IF NEEDED to find his Kurt Cousins to replace RG3 IF it would come to that?

How does he handle a slow start to next season?

How does he handle a good start next year? We all remember "The Rams are back!!!" Right?

All in all I love the youthfulness of the guy so long as I do not hear "We have the youngest team AND the youngest coach so be patient..." banghead

Dig in Sean, IT'S GO TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 03:35AM by RFIP.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wow, I really like this guy......

HighPlainsDrifter618January 14, 2017 02:03AM

Me too but

RFIP247January 14, 2017 03:27AM

That's all well and good......

HighPlainsDrifter208January 14, 2017 03:47AM

Re: Me too but

Rams43255January 14, 2017 07:45AM