Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody notice that NO new HC's have been hired?

January 09, 2017 02:24AM
Unless I missed it, no new HCs have been hired yet. So the Rams are in good company.
So it seems to me that we all need to just chill out and let this process play out.
And, what with the rules, any OC/DC coaching this coming week can't be interviewed until later this week.

So I think that the concern some have over the Rams not hiring anyone yet is rather premature.

Shanahan, for instance, if he is your favorite target......just because he won't get interviewed until next weekend doesn't mean that if the Rams want him he'll already be taken. As of now, the interview process for him is on hold.....for everybody.

But I don't think the Rams have anyone in particular targeted.
And depending on your perspective this is either an indication that they don't know what they want in an HC, or that they are going to take every step of due diligence to get it right.

Yet to think that the Rams don't have some predisposition towards certain of these candidates and a "not so sure, but we'll kick the tires anyway" attitude about others, would defy human nature.

Besides, anyone looking for a miracle worker is sure to be disappointed. If anyone thinks that Rams are going to go from 4 wins to 10 wins next year due to the HC they hire, they are likely going to be disappointed even if they could resurrect Lombardi and bring him in.

And I also think that because the money for an HC is so big no matter where they coach, LA isn't the big draw that some think it is. I'm sure some would love to live and work there, and other candidates wouldn't. They understand that LA and California is a hugely expensive place to live, and they tax you to death. If you love hustle and bustle and night life, then you'll like it. If you want peace and quiet, a slower pace, clean air and a sense of security, it's not the place you'll want to be. When you earn $8 million a year on a paycheck State taxes alone take a huge bite out of that. I'm sure some will see it as a great opportunity, and others will see it as a giant caution sign.

So not everyone they like will want the job. And Demoff was very upfront about that.
They will get the person highest on their final list that they are able to convince to come. it will be a 24 hour negotiation when they find their man. I bet that we'll have our new HC in place by mid-next week.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rams will interview Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan day after Saturday's game against Seahawks

tonyde995January 08, 2017 06:26PM

Which probably means

stlramz633January 08, 2017 06:42PM

Re: Which probably means

bigjimram21410January 08, 2017 06:45PM

Rampage2K-349January 08, 2017 07:16PM

stlramz398January 08, 2017 08:28PM

Hawks are a bad road team. Falcons will win.

GreatRamNTheSky293January 09, 2017 03:03AM

Re: Regardless, we should be pulling for the Seahawks

merlin269January 09, 2017 10:13AM

I think ATL wins this week

BigGame81235January 09, 2017 10:33AM

Re: I think ATL wins this week

Rampage2K-223January 09, 2017 10:44AM

Rams will interview OC Kyle Shanahan: Better Get There Early!

Anonymous User800January 08, 2017 07:15PM

lol That's a little disconcerting

Atlantic Ram326January 08, 2017 09:19PM

Anybody notice that NO new HC's have been hired?

RockRam427January 09, 2017 02:24AM

They should definitely take their time

promomasterj279January 09, 2017 10:19AM

Re: Do reverse Math............

oldschoolramfan193January 09, 2017 11:37AM