Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The need for an all world LT is over rated.

January 02, 2017 10:44AM
The Rams, as do most teams, merely need competence at LT. They don't need a Pace clone.
A guy that is consistent, makes the right decisions, has decent technique, and isn't a penalty machine. The problem with Grob is that he is horribly inconsistent play to play. Honestly, it looks like mental issues to me; Lord knows he has all the physical attributes you could ever want.

Yes, a really good lineman or two make a big difference; but that can be at Center, Guard or RT.

Where I'm heading is that the Rams might be able to get a decent Vet at LT that has a couple of years left in him. They may not be what they once were, but they're good enough to play smart. Peters comes to mind.

I think in today's game it is up the center where you must be stout. That is the shortest distance to the QB, and your run game keys off of the interior Oline.
If OTs can a) handle the bull rush and inside moves, and b) are able to simply push the speed DE a bit wide, then a QB can step up in the pocket. But if the interior can't keep the DTs out, then the QB has no chance
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The need for an all world LT is over rated.

RockRam332January 02, 2017 10:44AM

The team just has to move on from GROB

Rams_81139January 02, 2017 10:47AM

I'd settle for a left tackle. A real left tackle.

HighPlainsDrifter136January 02, 2017 10:57AM