Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams' coaching search adds uncertainty for undrafted rookies

December 29, 2016 06:51PM

By JACK WANG / STAFF WRITER

THOUSAND OAKS – On Christmas Eve, Paul McRoberts and Aaron Green made their NFL debuts, officially suiting up eight months after they signed with the Rams. Their days with the team, however, could be numbered.

The two are among the seven undrafted rookies currently on the Rams’ 53-man roster, a list that also includes offensive tackle Pace Murphy, linebackers Cory Littleton and Nic Grigsby, defensive end Morgan Fox, and cornerback Mike Jordan. The team ends the regular season Sunday at the Coliseum against the Cardinals, which could be the last chance for these first-year players to make a case for their long-term futures.

The Rams, of course, fired Head coach Jeff Fisher earlier this month. That means these rookies, who already entered the league as underdogs, will have to impress a whole new coaching staff – one that will likely pore over this season’s game film to decide which players are worth keeping.

Does that add any extra pressure this weekend?

“Nah, not necessarily,” said Green, who ran for 1,272 yards in his final season at TCU but has taken only four snaps for the Rams – all on special teams. “I know how good I am. I trust my abilities. Regardless of who comes in, I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“It’s uncertainty, but you’ve just got to go with the flow of life,” McRoberts added. “It’s out of your control, at the end of the day.”

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill528December 29, 2016 06:51PM

Re: Rams' coaching search adds uncertainty for undrafted rookies

Rams43170December 30, 2016 08:16AM

Re: Rams' coaching search adds uncertainty for undrafted rookies

Anonymous User255December 30, 2016 08:19AM