Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I agree with you Waterfield and it`s mind-boggling to me..

December 16, 2016 05:17PM
waterfield
compared to many other owners is that he has more business pursuits than most -as evident that he has more financial power than any owner -with the possible exception of Paul Allen the Seattle owner. That means that he apparently needs a COO in addition to a GM to run the franchise. Many successful owners of professional football teams leave all decisions to the GM re the hiring of coaches, etc. In this case the GM Snead reports to Demoff. That makes no "football sense" to me. Demoff has a whole lot more responsibilities than making football decisions because SK is involved with so many other companies and developments all over the world. The Rams were lucky in 1999 and 2000 but for years and years they have been run by IMO non football men. What the Rams need and what is not likely to happen is for the Rams to have Snead make the football calls and report directly to Kroenke or find someone else that will. Until that occurs we can hire and fire coaches all we want but-with an occasional exception like 1999-this will continue. I keep repeating this but it's because it's so important to me-likely the longest fan in duration on this board ! It's called -I know here he goes again-top down football people-running this thing. Hiring a coach or trading for a player here and there is "bottom up" and won't be "lasting".

He has all the money in the world to buy a real experienced, winning football executive though.

Why doesn't he just acquire the best one he can find and stop this shotgun nonsense approach?

“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.”

George Bernard Shaw
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The problem that SK has

waterfield781December 16, 2016 04:54PM

I agree with you Waterfield and it`s mind-boggling to me..

PaulButcher59335December 16, 2016 05:17PM

Re: I agree with you Waterfield and it`s mind-boggling to me..

waterfield289December 17, 2016 07:23AM

My theory....

max278December 17, 2016 07:37AM

Re: Seeing ghost now...

laram350December 17, 2016 07:34AM

Yeah, we don't want to have the success of Ravens and Packers. nm

max194December 17, 2016 07:38AM

Re: You wanna do-over on that post? lol...NM

laram305December 17, 2016 07:42AM

No. I made myself very clear. Count the playoff appearances. nm

max270December 17, 2016 08:43AM

Re: YES you did...