Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Jets brought in both Casserly & Wolf to assist them in finding their GM..

December 16, 2016 10:00AM
The jury is still out on how this will play out for Woody Johnson and his Jets. I was a big fan of this move at the time, but they will really need to turn things around fast and find their QB for this move to turn out to be successful. Its possible this route Woody took with these ex-NFL Execs could very well fail. Casserly happened to have strong connections to Mike McCagnan who was the director of college scouting for the Texans before the Jets hired him as their new GM. The Jets let their GM McCagnan hire his head coach in Todd Bowles. Even if it doesn't work out, I respect that Woody Johnson went the route he did.

While there is certainly no guarantees going outside to hire previously successful 70 year old ex-NFL execs to be your teams advisor and savior, I think I would honestly take my chances with that, rather than seeing the Rams collaboratively looking for a new head coach (NOT GM), with your current GM in Snead, who even Demoff said his future is unclear with the club, your capologist in Demoff and your clueless football knowledge owner in Kroenke. I know anything is possible and they could get lucky with this approach, but man, it just doesn't seem like a good idea and seems like the odds are stacked against them.

I cannot understand why Kroenke would not want to find a real football guy to come in and run football operations, as opposed to what he is doing now and what he did in the hiring of Fisher. Too many inexperienced and under qualified hands in the pot. Is it Kroenke`s ego that is getting the better of him or does he just trust Demoff that much?

We can forget about the Rams getting Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh. Which other big names out there would be interested and the Rams be interested in outside of Jon Gruden possibly? I could be wrong but I`m not seeing one right now. As far as other college coaches, I don`t the Saban`s and Meyer`s landing in LA. Maybe a college guy like Shaw? I wouldn't consider him that big of a name even then, and I certainly wouldn't give him full control.

I`m getting the impression more and more that they will go with a hot OC hiring as the new head coach. This scares me if they are looking at guys like McDaniels and K. Shanahan. These guys have star players all over their offenses. Also, if this is the case, the odds become much higher that Les Snead remains the Rams GM next season. I like Les and know Demoff loves him, and also know that he was handcuffed severely and really wasn't able to be the Rams GM with Fisher in his way. That was Kroenke and Demoff`s doing to begin with giving Fisher full control, so what does that tell us? For one, it certainly tells me how much Kroenke trusts Demoff on his decision to keep Snead.

Now for arguments sake, lets say Snead is assigned full GM duties with much more responsibility. I`m not doubting his potential as a GM, but what has he done or successfully accomplished in his front office football career up to this point? Wouldn't the Rams want a more experienced, proven winner in that position going forward? Maybe one that could be responsible for hiring his new head coach? Isn`t keeping Snead a bit of a risky move, and possibly selling yourselves short as an organization?

Unfortunately Reggie McKenzie went to Oakland a few years ago after spending many years in a winning organization in Green Bay. I`d have to put a list of potential suitors together, but doesn't this route seem like the most logical thing for the Rams to do first an foremost? Especially if they have no plans on bringing in an advisor such as a Casserly or Wolf to help them with it. Unless they have the inside track on signing a big name coach who will want full control, why not look for your GM first?

Is it me, or are some of you guys and girls as confused as I am right now? I know none of us know everything that's going on behind closed doors, but from what little I can see now, it seems like they are taking an approach that could be headed for failure. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a lot of luck in everything in life, including hiring coaches and drafting players, but so far I`m just getting a bad feeling about all of this. I want to be one of those guys that have faith in this team to do the right thing, but what have they shown us so far that would provide us with that faith?

“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.”

George Bernard Shaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2016 10:04AM by PaulButcher59.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Jets brought in both Casserly & Wolf to assist them in finding their GM..

PaulButcher59467December 16, 2016 10:00AM

Re: The Jets brought in both Casserly & Wolf to assist them in finding their GM..

Rams43167December 16, 2016 03:29PM

Re: The Jets brought in both Casserly & Wolf to assist them in finding their GM..

BobCarl189December 16, 2016 03:37PM