Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone explain what our offense is even trying to do?

December 16, 2016 09:36AM
I'm not sure I can even tell what concepts they're going for. They're in and out of the i, then it's runs from shotgun - like picking formations out of a hat. They allow defenders to come free on runs and passes - are these mistakes or is it drawn up that way?

They almost never go no huddle but when they do it seems to work ok.

They refuse to move the pocket with Goff and roll him out - let him read half field- why? Might help o-line out.

They throw short passes with consistency on 3rd down - why not on first down?

They don't seem to want to throw the quick slant. Is it even in our playbook. We have 2 receivers with good size.

They cannot execute a stretch run ever yet they keep going to it losing about 4 yards each time

On 3rd and long they expect Goff can stand in the 'pocket' and have time to complete a long ball - when everyone knows they can't protect long enough to complete any kind of a long developing route. If it's 3rd and 14 - run something quick and punt. Why let Goff get crushed each time. You know we're not going to complete it and you know he's going to get blown up - it's madness.

I really am confused. Is Boras just not good at game adjustments or developing a gameplan, or both?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can someone explain what our offense is even trying to do?

promomasterj446December 16, 2016 09:36AM

Re: Can someone explain what our offense is even trying to do?

bigjimram21199December 16, 2016 09:46AM

No Identity

RamFanInPA280December 16, 2016 11:35AM

Boras is clueless....

Rampage2K-258December 16, 2016 12:14PM