Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Please Explain

December 16, 2016 09:03AM
RamsFanSinceLA
ramBRO
RamsFanSinceLA

<snipped>

Anyway, I think he'd be much better at Guard...

At first, you indicated a belief that Robinson doesn't possess the mental capacity to play LT. But in the same vain, you think that he has enough to play G. Why is that? Do you believe that LT's are, overall, smarter than G's? I'll agree that they're generally taller, lengthier, and typically more athletic. But smarter? I don't knlw about that.

I've maintained for a couple of seasons now that remembering the playcall and the snap count takes up way too much bandwith for Robinson to play free enough to take full advantage of his athleticism.

As he'll still be counted on to remember both the playcall and snap count at G, I fail to see how a move to that position will help him to become a serviceable player.

Can you help me with that?

But what would you attribute it to? He's obviously got all of the physical attributes you'd want but he's just not very good playing tackle.

Again, I just don't think that he has the mental capacity to play on the pro level. I recall the initial excuses for his poor play was that he was a raw player who only had to learn four run plays and 1 protection. Now, what was never really answered was why he only had to learn four run plays and 1 protection. Was it because that was all that was necessary for Auburn to be successful against SEC defenses? Or was it because that was all GRob's hard drive could store? I believe that it was the latter. And thus, the very difficult (if not impossible) transition to pro-style offensive line play that will likely have significantly more run plays and protections. He's simply mentally overwhelmed and needs to think entirely too much. So much so, that's he's unable to simply go out and play. That's why he looks as though he's playing on skates or simply blowing assignments.

I just have my doubts that this will get better with a move to G. You need more than a "hit the guy in front of you" philosophy in the pros.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I know a lot of you have already gotten there

RamsFanSinceLA490December 16, 2016 06:30AM

Re: Hands down.....No doubt the next HC moves him to Guard....

oldschoolramfan317December 16, 2016 06:33AM

Please Explain

ramBRO279December 16, 2016 06:51AM

RamsFanSinceLA262December 16, 2016 08:05AM

ramBRO244December 16, 2016 09:03AM

RamsFanSinceLA195December 16, 2016 09:40AM

Re: I know a lot of you have already gotten there

Tony Romas274December 16, 2016 06:55AM