Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And this is why Fisher stays employed when he shouldn't

December 12, 2016 03:00AM
Fisher is not an HC, he is a substitute daddy to these guys.
And even if your father is a criminal, you tend to stay loyal to him. (No, of course I'm not comparing Fisher to a criminal!)

It works that way in other businesses as well. Problem is, that is not the way to run a successful business or organization over time. And I maintain that I do NOT like "Player's coaches" because the only thing that makes a player's coach a player's coach is their loyalty to the players and vice versa. Performance and winning come second.

I doubt, thankfully, that Stan gives a hoot what some of the more loyal players like Saffold thinks. I hope what he gives a hoot about is butts in the seats. Because unless Stan makes wholesale changes in the coaching staff (and perhaps in the FO), those butts won't be sitting there for Rams games.

Further, Saffold is used to losing. He has NEVER had even a .500 season in the NFL. So this is old hat to him. And I think this means that some vets who indeed are in some visceral way not entirely disgusted with never winning, need to be jettisoned. They are much too comfortable and have a treasure trove of excuses and well worn statements to haul out to the media.

We need a coach that the players dread to face when they don't perform.....not one they love and go to commiserate with.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' players stand behind Fisher......article

HighPlainsDrifter511December 12, 2016 02:42AM

And this is why Fisher stays employed when he shouldn't

RockRam346December 12, 2016 03:00AM

Player loyalty........

HighPlainsDrifter321December 12, 2016 03:16AM

Re: on ESPN radio..

tomatosan389December 12, 2016 03:16AM

Re: on ESPN radio..

Zooey292December 12, 2016 05:39AM

I see it the total opposite of you...