Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"the offense seems fine without Tavon"

December 06, 2016 09:51AM
I
alyoshamucci
So, because of weirdness with directTV I watched this game in 3 shots ... and missed most of the 4th quarter ... darn, lol. How will I ever recover?

I'm now tilting toward triage when it comes to players, which given our lack of draft picks makes me die inside a little more every game.

The Good

1) Michael Jordan may have the tools to start. He looks more like Trumaine did his first year than anything else.

2) Tru. Resign him and make it a huge long term contract.

3) TMac ... again, resign him. He is still improving.

4) I like Wichmann and Brown at OG. I'd put Saffold at OT now.

5) The offense seems fine without Tavon.

6) Gurley still runs hard if he has a crease.

7) Longacre showed well.

8) Quick's catch ... dang.

Guys that deserve more opportunities

9) Mike Thomas, Cooper, Longacre, Jordan .. also can I get Littleton off the edge in passing situations? That's what he did in college. Anyone?

10) Wichmann at OC? Can we make this happen?

The Bad

11) Wobbly ball coming out of Jared's hands ... what gives? That cost us more than a couple times (INT, TD to Britt).

12) Two men in one gap on a 4th and 1.

13) No real pass rush.

The Ugly

14) GRob and Barnes. I watched the 2nd and 3rd quarters in slow motion on offensive plays. On Jared's second INT where Sheard hit his arm, quite an interesting pocket was formed ... it was a W. Both OTs slid out like they were supposed to, but Barnes was pushed 5 yards into the pocket (I counted 5) and Jared could not step up ... leaving his arm exposed to the outside rusher. That's how that interception happens.
GRob was lunging and flopping and holding all over the place. Even his brute strength was not really helping. I'd rather have consistent than great at OLT if his "bad" plays end up being drive killers.

15) Kendricks ... dude.

16) They knew if it was a run or pass every play from alignment. Are we even trying?

17) The extension was a distraction. I have no idea why they waited to announce it, and no idea why those who leaked it, did so. No one was helped by any of it.

College and mock

18) There is a lot of high end talent down through about 50 players. This makes our first pick really interesting this year. Especially since the talent is at DE and CB.

19) The bowl games set up in such a way that the best football is likely going to be before the new year. I'll do my best to track them with my weekly reports.

20) I'm now looking for a Kendricks replacement.

21) First mock of the year ...

2) President James Washington from OK ST. (There are many DE and CBs I would consider here too, and if Demarcus Walker is there, I likely take him and walk away happy)
3) Daeshon Hall DE T A and M ... he'll slide from slow foot speed.
4) Sprinkle TE ARK Great blocker and sure hands. Probably will run a 4.9
4) Ragnow OC ARK If Elflein is here I take him ... but Ragnow is really strong.
5) Luani FS Was St. I have no idea why he is still projecting so low, but it's a great class and he may get missed.

My anger is at OT ... there is simply no one.

Thoughts and comments welcome of course. smiling smiley

I realize Tavon hasn't done squat pretty much all year, but to say the offense seems fine is kinda funny considering how bad that offense was last week. Regardless of what people might think about him I think defenses have more respect for him then those on this board and he does open things up for the other receivers on the field when he is out there.
Saying the offense sems fine without him depends on what your definition of "fine" is I guess...

The wobbly ball on the INT was caused by defender hitting Goff's arm as he threw...the long ball to Britt was pretty damn good throw if you go back and watch it again...still think Britt should have scored on that.

Other then that, I pretty much saw the same stuff you did. Rock on!!

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 09:54AM by Rampage2K-.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 12 Pats ... plus starting mock drafts ...

alyoshamucci752December 06, 2016 08:37AM

Re: Thoughts on Corey Davis

BigGame81360December 06, 2016 08:40AM

you saw the same game I did...

LMU93393December 06, 2016 08:52AM

Re: you saw the same game I did...

zn345December 06, 2016 09:15AM

Re: He has been consistently inconsistent...

laram304December 06, 2016 09:46AM

Re: He has been consistently inconsistent...

zn276December 06, 2016 03:13PM

LMU93310December 06, 2016 09:49AM

zn259December 06, 2016 03:18PM

Rams43287December 06, 2016 09:18AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 12 Pats ... plus starting mock drafts ...

Rams43309December 06, 2016 09:14AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 12 Pats...OT

RamJr301December 06, 2016 09:29AM

"the offense seems fine without Tavon"

Rampage2K-441December 06, 2016 09:51AM

Re: "the offense seems fine without Tavon"

alyoshamucci590December 06, 2016 01:10PM

poplarbluffman350December 06, 2016 10:05AM

Andreas Knappe

RamJr403December 06, 2016 10:30AM

Jdamon307December 06, 2016 11:09AM

Re: Rob H

leafnose291December 07, 2016 04:16AM