Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

+1 ... "Law of Limited Performance"

December 01, 2016 12:34PM
GreatRamNTheSky
But drafting number 8 for Tavon of which they traded up to get him and drafting GRob number 2 overall they have had minimal return on both those players.

Gurley was number 10 over all and he has flashed in 2015 and been a complete dud in 2016. Why? My opinion is the offensive line is not very good at run blocking. But if you watch Gurley run he is tentative. He's not explosive or aggressive. Probably because he's expecting to get hit as soon as he gets the ball.

If Fisher stays he has to make and I believe the front office has to make him make major concessions on offense. They are going to have to force him to take on an offensive coordinator who is proven to be able to coach up QBs and to open up the attack.

I think they need a new O-line coach as well.

Austin is a good player but as the PFF quote I posted a few hours ago says of him he's a good 3rd WR to have if you have two quality starting WRs. He gives you what a good late 2nd/early 3rd round pick would yet they gave up the 16th and 48th picks in a Draft to move up and get him. I also wouldn't call Robinson a bust but he's clearly underperforming.

There something in business called "The Law of Limited Performance" which says people soon discover the level of performance leaders will settle for and then gravitate to that level. Managers then assume that’s all people are capable of achieving, so they accept it as fact and quit challenging them to get better.

I think some of that is going on in the organization. For Fisher it's finish strong the next 5 games and, as you said, make major concessions on offense or that's it...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Doing a Model Job

GreatRamNTheSky549December 01, 2016 10:54AM

Re: Doing a Model Job

oldschoolramfan216December 01, 2016 12:05PM

+1 ... "Law of Limited Performance"

LMU93266December 01, 2016 12:34PM