November 20, 2016 05:31PM
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(Opening remarks)

“Probably one of the most disappointing losses I’ve endured over the years, particularly because of everything that went into the game: the opportunities for (Qcool smiley Jared (Goff) to start here at home and all those things, and the fact that we’re coming off of a win. Knowing that we were going to play a good football team today, to play three and a half quarters of good football, even though we didn’t get the points and then to let things slip away in the last six minutes was really disappointing, but that’s the National Football League. We’ve got a lot of things to improve on. I’m disappointed with penalties they contributed. Your defense holds someone scoreless for three and a half quarters, and against a good offense, and all of a sudden you give up two touchdown drives with penalties. It’s not good. This is one that we’ll look at from a standpoint of they found a way to win the game, and I have great respect for (Dolphins Head Coach) Adam (Gase) and their organization and the players that they acquired and they played well. They overcame some injuries in this game, but we beat ourselves today with penalties and allowing big plays in the last two drives.

“As far as Jared’s concerned, he did a really good job. No delay-of-games, was in complete control in the huddle, did a nice job on the line of scrimmage. I was disappointed in the outcome of the game, but I think you could see the light. There’s light there for him, so we’ll continue to allow him to get ready and to continue to progress. Obviously disappointed to go into the last six minutes of the game and be up by 10 and lose it. We’ll get them back. That’s the nature of our business, we’ll get them back.”

(On controlling the pressure put on QB Jared Goff)

“We were trying to get the run game going. We were trying to manage the clock, their time outs, the two-minute warning that they had, we didn’t take the shot and we came up a couple of yards short. There was nothing from an offensive standpoint that was minimized because of Jared. There were a lot of things that they did, like anyone would do when you’re facing a first-time starting rookie, but I thought he handled things very well.“

(On whether the secondary suffered without having a sub in CB Troy Hill)

“No, we subbed. We were fine. We subbed. We had a plan. Troy made a bad decision. We’ll deal with that tomorrow. We subbed around him and we were okay. (CB Trumaine Johnson) Tru didn’t practice this week, particularly for two reasons, because of injury and then illness. Then (Dcool smiley Lamarcus (Joyner) didn’t practice much this week, but we felt good about him. So, no, we’ll deal with Troy tomorrow.”

(On DE Robert Quinn’s performance)

“Rob had a rough week, but he came on strong, feels good. We felt like he was going to be fine. It was interesting that he was playing their third left tackle. There was some stuff going on as far as the depth of the tackle and Rob lining up, and we’ll look at it tomorrow.”

(On what QB Jared Goff is going to take from today)

“I hope he’s really disappointed. Not in his own play, but the fact that we lost the game. I think each and every player in the locker room needs to look at themselves and say, ‘Okay how do we avoid these things from happening?’ Whether that’s (DT) Aaron (Donald) on roughing the passer, or that’s (LB Alec Ogletree) ‘Tree’ on the hit out of bounds, or that’s (T) Greg (Robinson) with the block in the back, those are the kind of things that you can’t have in close games. Unfortunately, where we are right now offensively we’re going to have to play good defense and get turnovers. We answered after the turnover and came right back and (S Maurice Alexander) ‘Mo’ made a great play in the end zone, and it’s the first time (Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill) Ryan’s thrown a pick in five or six weeks, and we made the play. We had some momentum, we just couldn’t take advantage of it.”

(On RB Todd Gurley’s performance)

“I thought Todd played really hard. He made some plays. It’s just getting him the carries and things, but I thought he played hard. He ran the football well and had some plays. I look at the halftime stats and they’re 0-for-5 on third down and we’re 1-for-6. It’s hard to get Todd the touches that you want.”

(On QB Jared Goff’s comfort level)

“If you know Jared, your perception is that he’s a gun slinger. You don’t think that he has the mobility that he does. Well he does. He showed that today. He extended that play, we got a good spot, it was a first down then it was called back because of the penalty on (T) Gred (Robinson), and who knows what would have happened after that. I made the decision which is fourth-and-1, or fourth-and-1.5, we’re in (K) Greg Zuerlein’s range, and I felt like a field goal at that point would put them two scores behind, this game would be over, and Greg hit the upright.”

(On the penalties being a contributing factor on the defense toward the end of the game)

“Yeah, it was a contributing factor. The penalties really changed field position and gave them shots, and they got down. Talking on the headsets to (Defensive Coordinator) Gregg (Williams) saying, ‘Okay threes, threes. Threes are okay, touchdowns are not.’ Then they made the plays in the end zone. Defense is going to be disappointed. You don’t want to play us next week because the defense is going to be upset.”

(On QB Jared Goff’s composure in different situations)

“I feel really good about it. There were a couple of things where he got hit, and I told (Offensive Coordinator) Rob (Boras) - because Rob’s on the communication device to him - and just asked if he was okay and he gave a thumbs up. He’s okay and he’s ready to go the next play. He was really into it. I was really proud of him. It’s hard to praise any one of your players in a loss like this, but when all eyes were on our quarterback, I thought he handled this game pretty well. I’m looking forward to him having another real week of preparation. What greater challenge can you imagine, being in his shoes, than going down and competing against (Saints Qcool smiley Drew Brees. That’s a huge challenge for a young quarterback.”

(On the potential of the offense as QB Jared Goff gets more experience)

“I think we’ll make more plays and we’ll do different things. Their defense was second or third in the league in third down efficiency, and obviously very good against the run. They did an outstanding job building that team with (Dolphins DT Ndamukong) Suh and the rest of the guys. If we got behind the chains, meaning second-and-10, we need to get something back. The design is to pick up four or five yards and then quick passing game, it’s not to take your shots, and that’s what we tried to do so we could complete drives.”

(On the excitement level of the crowd)

“The crowd, yeah. The crowd was great. Yeah, they were great. They knew what to expect. They saw our future here today. They were really good. I’m just disappointed for them and for us that we weren’t able to hang on and win this game.”

Rams QB Jared Goff

(On how his first NFL start felt)

“It felt good. I think I’ll start off with obviously very disappointed with the result there at the end, and how things turned out and how we felt the whole game and how in control we were. How at the end there, with six minutes left, we just couldn’t put it away and I think that’s just every play— we need to finish well and finish better than that. I don’t think it’s just one thing or another, or we need do this better, we need to do more or something, we just need to stay out of our own way— we just need to continue to do what we do correctly, and do it well and we’ll be fine.”

(On his comfort ability on the field in his first game)

“I think it took me a couple drives to settle in—that was expected, I expected that. Similar to my first start in college, in high school, my whole life, your first game in there you got to settle in. It took a couple of drives probably, but I felt good. I did settle in well through the game. “

(On what went right during the Rams first touchdown with RB Todd Gurley)

“The o-line was just doing what they do, doing what they do well. Opened up holes for them and he was doing what he has been doing for his whole life, just running the ball well. I think early on we were running it well, and like I said, we just hit a lull and started stepping in front of ourselves. Again, it’s not any one person or any one little thing, it’s just a culmination of little things that add up and it seems like it has been a story for a while now, but that’s it. It’s not like we need to do something more, something better, if we do what we do right, we will be fine.”

(On if he would like to take more shots downfield)

“Yeah, I think we will. I think that early on it had to do with the weather. I think, honestly, both sides were kind of running the ball, trying keep it on the ground. It was just a little bit wet out there, and early on, that was the reason why and late, we were winning, and we wanted to run the ball and that’s when it got dry and that’s when they had to pass it. But, yeah, I would like to throw some balls down field and I think that will be in the plan every week and it’s up to them.”

(On what did he the best and what he could improve on during today’s game)

“I think getting in and out of the huddle in time, getting the ball snapped and not having any delay of games was a positive. Something I would like to do better is to just be a little cleaner on my reads— I missed a couple and some I want back. You are never going to be perfect, but you want to be as perfect as you can and I strive for that, but there’s a couple I want back, of course, but I think it’s kind of a testament to their (Miami’s) defense. They’ve got a really good team, a really good defense, a really good front seven, a really good secondary and did a good job on us.”

(On the last 36-seconds of the game)

“Yeah, I don’t think it was shocking because we saw them drive down the field. I think we lost some of the momentum, honestly, I think that’s how games go, the momentum shifts back-and-forth. I think we had it for most of the game and I think at the end there, we started stepping in front of ourselves there and started not doing what we are supposed to do and then they started making plays.”

(On opportunities for the quick passing game in the future)

“Maybe, I think we like completions and got a bunch of those on the slants today. Again, I think it had a lot to do with the weather early on, a little bit with the play calling, but I don’t expect us to try and do anything crazy next week – we’ll do what we do, of course, we had shots on the play and stuff we wanted to do, but I was happy with the play calling, really happy with it and I felt really confortable out there.”

(On where he sees the team’s future with a 4-6 standing)

“We are going to go to New Orleans next week and get a “W.” That’s what we got to do, get back on the horse tomorrow and go out and practice throughout this whole week and go to New Orleans and win that game there.”

(On how helpful it is to have a starting NFL game to watch on film)

“Yeah, I think game experience is priceless. It’s something that you can’t get enough of, it’s something that is helpful for myself, the rest of the team and the rest of the young guys. I think it’s going to be good to go back and go look at and see what we did right, see what we did wrong, see what we want to do – and the coaches will look at it and do what they do.”

(On what was different before this game as a starter compared previous games)

“Yeah, it was definitely a little more nerve-racking, more nerves, but I’ve never been one to be too nervous. I think it’s just natural to be nervous and have butterflies, but honestly, once the first play happened, I was good to go, felt like I’ve played in every game of my life. That’s how it felt and I think, of course there were nerves, but I felt pretty good.”

(On how helpful QB Case Keenum was on the sidelines of the game)

“Case was great. I told him before the game that I’m going to need to lean on you and he was great – very helpful. He gave me good information when I came over there, helped me out, he told me what he said, he told me what the pressures they (Miami) were bringing, everything in-between, they were really helpful, him and (Qcool smiley Sean (Mannion), were really helpful.”

Rams LB Alec Ogletree

(On the final four minutes of the game)

“We just had too many penalties and we just didn’t make the end play at the end to get off the field.”

(On the defense’s overall performance and what they can do to make a playoff push)

“We have to learn to finish – we have to be mentally strong in crunch time. You can’t have all those penalties that we had and expect to win. We played pretty well for most of the game, and then on two possessions we gave up two touchdowns. As a defense, you pride yourself in trying to win a game and, in pressure situations, you want to be on the field to close out a game. Like I said, we weren’t able to do that today.”

(On how much pressure it puts on the defense when there are limited points offensively)

“It’s no pressure. Our method is, anytime we step on the field, we have to go three-and-out and get off the field, get our offense the ball back as many times as we can. Like I said, we weren’t able to do that today, we had too many penalties here at the end of the game to, basically, give them 14 points. It’s a credit to them, they finished the game and we didn’t.”

(On what the defense did well)

“We were just playing physical up front and on the back end, too. We were just trying to stop the run first and make them throw the ball outside. We played pretty well, but we had too many mistakes at the end of the game that cost us.”

Rams DT Michael Brockers

(On if the penalties cost the team in the fourth quarter)

“The fans, the team, coaches, everybody is kind of at a loss for words right now because we had the perfect plan – (QB Jared) Goff was doing great, the defense was playing really strong. We knew they were a good second half team, we just have learn how to execute and, towards the end of the game, finish people.”

(On how frustrating it was to give up two touchdowns in the final four minutes of the game)

“It’s hard, it’s hard to really even talk about. Defensively, we have to do better. We have to execute, we have to tackle, we have to make sure we give the ball to our offense as many times as possible to score. We just didn’t do that enough, we did a lot of good things, we just didn’t do enough.”

Rams S T.J. McDonald

(On if Miami did anything different in the last minutes of the game)

“I’ll have to see when I watch the film. We hurt ourselves, penalties, we gave them free yards – I think they had 27 yards passing before six or seven minutes left to go. We hurt ourselves with some big yards, putting us in a bad situation and had to adjust how we played because of the score.”

(On if the cornerbacks had to play more with CB Troy Hill inactive)

“It’s that next man up philosophy, we had ‘Tru’ (CB Trumaine Johnson) and (Ccool smiley E.J. (Gaines) outside. We definitely have got to do better.”

Rams DE Robert Quinn

(On it was difficult to be on the field so long as a defense)

“We always say, we want the offense to put up 50 points – that’s not going to happen week-in and week-out. They gave us a 10-0 lead, all we had to do was either hold them to field goals or keep them out of the end zone. I guess the last six minutes, we definitely – the best way to put it is we dropped the ball. It’s frustrating, we thought we had a win, but I guess that’s why you play until the clock says zero.”

(On if it’s surprising that the defense didn’t come through in the end on account of how good they have been all season)

“It’s just aggravating when you just don’t win. Like I said, we played well pretty much all game, and that last six minutes, not to make an excuse, we didn’t do what we were supposed to do – or Miami did enough to win. Just as a defense, we can’t finish a ballgame like that because that’s definitely not the words we preach in our room.”

Rams TE Lance Kendricks

(On if the feel for the game was any different with QB Jared Goff in there)

“I thought he did a great job for his first start. I thought he really handled the huddle really well. I thought he was poised. I thought he did all that he can do. I think us around him, we have to make sure that we do better. We had a couple of false starts, and I think we had a block in the back, or something like that on offense. Things like that can’t happen. I thought overall, we gave ourselves a chance.”

(On if he thought Goff was frustrated with the amount of three-and-outs the team had)

“I think coming out, he was encouraging. He was, ‘Let’s get the next one. Let’s put a drive together. Let’s do it.’ The good thing about an offense, you’ve got to forget about the last play. I think I had a fumble, and our defense went right back out and got a pick. That’s how we bring each other up.”

(On if this loss hurts more than others based on how it ended)

“Yeah, we can’t put it all on the defense. The defense held them to zero points until six minutes left in the game. They played great. At some point, the offense has to go out and score. We can’t just rely on the defense to get a three-and-out and say, ‘Alright, the defense is going to hold them.’ Those guys on other side of the ball are good too. We’ve got to make sure we’re really just focusing on us, and when we’re on the field, we’re trying to score. We’re trying to drive ball down the field.”

Rams RB Todd Gurley

(On what worked for him on his first quarter touchdown run)

“The O-line did a great job. (TE Cory) Harkey had a hell of a block, and those guys did the work. They just let me run.”

(On what was working for him in the first half)

“Everything was just going. We we’re doing our job, executing. Like I said every week, beating your guy and winning your one-on-one, at the end of the day.”

(On how he felt with QB Jared Goff out there)

“I felt good, he did a great job. We had a couple of mistakes out there, but for the most part, he did a great job. We did a great job with just helping him out. We just got to finish.”

Dolphins Head Coach Adam Gase

(On his offense’s performance during the last five minutes of the game versus the first 55 minutes)

“I don’t even know. Nothing was going right for us. (Rams Defensive Coordinator) Gregg (Williams) does a great job as far as what they do schematic-wise, and they have good players. They execute their scheme well. We were terrible on offense and we’re just lucky that our defense played as hard as they could, they sold out and tried to just keep us in the game. We put a drive together, executed a third-and-3, a couple of plays popped for us and we got a chance to win the game.”

(On his team being able to keep playing until the game is over)

“I just keep thinking about how our defense just hung in there. The attitude that they brought throughout the entire game – they kept encouraging the offensive guys. They were trying to figure out a way to score. It was very impressive to watch those guys – where we’ve started from to where we’ve come in a short period of time. Those guys did a great job of keeping us in the game and we found a way in the end.”

(On Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill and the receivers being able to make big plays at the end of the game)

“We just could never really get in a rhythm. I think sometimes when we get thrown off on our running game a little bit, it just kind of sends us off into a little bit of a spiral and (the Rams defense) did a good job of doing that. We missed some opportunities in some play actions. We had some issues on third down, obviously. We were in some third-and-longer situations. Against this defense, you’re probably better off punting on third down, because the chances of executing on third down or actually having the chance to get the ball off are slim. Obviously they put some pressure on us and made it very tough for us on third down.”

(On losing his third offensive lineman of the season during this game)

“We’ll worry about that some other time. We’re not going to worry about it, right now. I just know those guys came in, they battled, they fought, and did everything they could to just try and help us win one game.”

(On if this game proves how difficult it will be to keep winning with the injuries to the offensive line)

“Every game is a different game. We really had a lot of breakdowns and it wasn’t just the offensive line. We were having a lot of problems with some of the things we were doing outside, a couple of things that happened in the run-game and in the passing game. Less of it had to do with protection.”

(On how bad Dolphins LG Laremy Tunsil’s injury is)

“I don’t know. I walked in and came back out here.”

(On how effectively he felt his defense challenged QB Jared Goff in his first career start)

“I thought he did a pretty good job as far as what we were bringing at him – trying to pressure him a little bit, give him some different looks. He didn’t really seem bothered by much of it. We were trying to get to him, trying to hit him. He escaped the pocket a couple times and extended plays. He made it difficult for our defense. They did a good job of sticking with it, getting him off the field on third down and giving our offense another shot.”

(On how he will address penalties with his team)

“I’ll look at it this week. I’m not going to sit there and think about the negative stuff, right now. I might be the worst second-and-one play-caller in football, right now, so we just need to call some different plays.”

(On how the offense was able to come to life at the end of the game)

“It happens. This is football. That’s why you play sixty minutes.”

Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill

(On where today’s win ranks on his list of comeback victories)

“I don’t know if that’s something to think about right now. I’m just really proud of our guys. The way we battled, the way we hung in there. It was ugly on offense for most of the game. But defense kept us in the football game, made some really big plays for us, and we found a way to make plays when it counted. I told the guys right before that going on that first touchdown drive, hey, everyone take a deep breath, we’re going to win this game, and that’s what we did.”

(On what the difference was in the last few drives for the offense)

“I think the tempo. I think we got off of the ball. Guys made plays, and I think that’s what we needed. We needed guys to step up and make plays. The offensive line did a great job of giving me time. Receivers were getting open down field, and we were able to move the ball down the field. The touchdown to (WR) Jarvis (Landry), just, an exemplary effort by him. He keeps fighting, looks like he’s down on the four-yard line, but just keeps fighting. You see the offensive line come and help push him in the end zone. That just kind of shows the fight in this team has, and I think the entire team showed it tonight.”

(On the last touchdown of the game)

“Yeah, we had one-on-one out there on (WR) DeVante (Parker). It was a great look for it, he ran a great route, and I was able to just put the ball in the outside pocket and he made a great catch, so it was something that we had confidence in going in to this game, and we were able to execute it.”

(On where this win ranks for him personally)

“Yeah, I don’t know where to rank it. I’m just excited and proud of our guys right now.”

(On how they went on to win after being down the whole game)

“As long as there is time on the clock, I’m going to believe that we are going to win. I have a lot of faith, and everyone that steps on that field with me, we put in a lot of work and a lot of time. We’ve grown together over the past three months, so as long as there’s time on that clock and we are within reasonable scoring range, I believe we are going to find a way to win.”

(On if he was pushing on the touchdown where everybody was pushing)

“I didn’t quite make it. I ran up there to get it in, to try to push, and right when I got there Jarvis fell right in the end zone. So, I can’t take any credit for that.”

(On if the Rams defensive unit was the best he faced this year)

“They have a really good team. A really good defensive unit, D-line really tough, they do a great job of creating match-ups up front where they can get their guys one-on-one. They’re talented, and we had a ton of respect for them coming into this game, and I think we leave with a ton of respect as well.”

(On if the no-huddle helped their offense click at the end of the game)

“Yeah I think so, I think the no-huddle really helped us, the tempo of getting on the football. Kind of seeing what they were in, let our guys get up and get set, and like I said earlier, guys made plays. We still have to – even though tempo helped us guys still have to step up and make plays and they did that.”

(On the success of WR DeVante Parker)

“Yeah, he’s growing. Every week he’s growing, continues gets better, and we look to continue that. I gave him a hard time well he could have had an interception to go along with it, but we’ll overlook that.”

(On their struggles up until their game-winning touchdown)

“We just weren’t efficient. We weren’t efficient on first and second down, got ourselves into a lot of third-and-longs. I don’t know the stats, but it seems like probably 90 percent of our third downs were third and nine, third-and-ten-plus, so we knew that situation against a good defense, you know, you’re not going to convert a lot of those, so we have to be more efficient on our first downs. I think we had some big plays in the run game, but I think it was just kind of inconsistent for us, so we definitely have to be cleaner on our first and second down.”

(On the three guys that filled in for the starters on the offensive line effort in the game)

“They came in and they battled. We knew coming in, like I said, they have a really good front, it was going to be a challenge tonight. No matter who was out there. You get some guys that aren’t normally in the line-up out there, and they did a great job for us. Just kept hanging in there, kept battling, and when needed time at the end to make some throws down the field they were able to give me that, and we were able to execute.”

(On the impact of Landry’s touchdown)

“That was a huge play. Like I said, that’s kind of an example of the toughness and the grit that this team has. Just finding a way, find a way. That’s something we’ve said a lot over the past month, is we find a way to win. It may be ugly, it may be pretty, but we just have to find a way. It doesn’t really matter how you get there, as long as you get there, so to have him make that play in a critical situation when we really needed it, it was huge for us.”

(On the support from Dolphin’s owner Stephen M. Ross)

“Yeah it’s nice. I love having his support, I think he shows his support of this team constantly through doing whatever he can to help us succeed. Whether it’s helping us around the building, bringing in certain people to work with us. Whatever it is, he is willing to do, so we have an owner that’s willing to do that, and it’s a huge support.”

(On if he feels like he has grown over the last two years)

“Yeah, you are constantly growing. If you are not moving forward, then you’re moving backwards, I like to think that I am constantly progressing, moving forward. Learned a lot over the past five years, and just looking to continue to move forward.”

(On how he got his offense to click in the final few minutes)

“We have undying belief in each other, and I think, although the first however many minutes it was, it was not pretty, it was ugly, like I said we have undying belief in each other that we are going to get it done. There was no panic on the sidelines, there was no like ‘oh man,’ feeling. The feeling the entire game was, ‘We’re going to get it going, we’re going to get it going,’ and we finally did.”

(On their five game winning streak)

“Yeah, it’s great. It’s been a fun ride for us. I think we just have to keep taking one game at a time. I think that’s what we’ve done. And like I said, find a way to win. We’ve had a special teams touchdown in the last two minutes or four minutes, or whatever that was. Last week, defense, a couple interceptions in the last part of the game. This week the defense had big stops and were obviously able to get touchdowns. So, it takes everybody. I love the way this team plays.”

(On when he doubted he would be able to continue playing when he went down at the end of the game in pain)

“No shot, no shot. I knew I was going to be alright. I just had to shake it off a little bit.”

(On what the Rams defensive front did to keep them on their toes)

“They’re talented. They’re a talented group. They do a really good job of shedding blocks. Even when we think we have a good run, they’re able to shed a block at the last second and stop the running back. Get pressure, affect the passing game, whether they’re getting sacked or not, they’re able to affect the throw, affect the pockets, so they are a talented group and they did a good job today.”

Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry

(On what it means to come back and pull off a win in the fourth quarter)

“It says a lot about this team, a lot about this team. From everybody that doubted us early on until now and people will still doubt us in the future. We thank you. We thank you, because it motivates us. It motivates us especially in times like that when we got to stick together as brothers out there and come from behind and take one.”

(On being pushed into the end zone from the three-yard line)

“It’s all about will, all about will. I couldn’t get in there alone. (Dolphins T) Ja’Wuan James was one person I saw before I closed my eyes and went for the ride. He was one of the people that I saw that helped me get in there, along with numerous other guys. So, I’m also grateful for those players.”

(On getting the offense going late in the game)

“You know, we told ourselves we have a great defense. We told ourselves just continue to lean on those guys, but at the end of the day, we knew it was going to come down to us to eventually start making plays. There’s never a point in time in the game that we felt like it’s too late. I think we scored right there with about five minutes left. Defense went out, got us the ball back with two minutes to go, and we wanted to be aggressive. We didn’t want the field goal, we wanted the touchdown.”

(On Ryan Tannehill at the end of the game)

“Hell of a job. Hell of a job. He did exactly what big time players do. You know, they make the plays when it counts. He did that for us.”

Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi

(On trying to get something going)

“It was tough. A physical challenge, but we pulled through. We knew it was going to be hard going against them. They have a tough front, so we just tried to match that physicality and at the end of the day, we pulled out with the win and that’s all that matters.”

(On the attitude of the group after players were missing and injured)

“We had to have the next man up mentality. You know, it’s tough. You never want to shuffle on the offensive line. You want consistency up there. It kind of showed a little bit, but kudos to the guys that stepped in. They had to stand tough, going against a tough D-line like that, and they were able to pull through and that’s all that matters.”

(On giving credit to the defense)

“Our defense played their tails off today. We always trust that they’re going to put us in the best situation to win, just like they trusted us that we were going to win the game if we get down there and put the ball in. We played together as a team and we trust each other, and you see that now when we’re out here winning these close games how we can finish strong.”

(On the feeling of that last drive)

“Before that, we wanted to make sure we got in the end zone. Once we did, we felt excited and kind of got that energy. Then that last game-winning drive we were clicking. It was just about operating, managing the clock, and then finishing in the end zone.”

Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh

(On if he was pleasantly shocked by the late rally)
“I wouldn’t say shocked by any means. The team has been fighting all year, so at the end of the day, we’ve just got to understand the situation we put ourselves in and go out there and make plays on both sides of the ball, and special teams. That’s what we did and we came out victorious.”

(On the significance of the two wins on the West coast)
“I think it’s huge. I think at the end of the day, it’s tough to win anywhere, especially when you’re not at home – especially when you’re on the West coast. The thing I’m proud about this team is we didn’t make any excuses. We were in San Diego or Carlsbad for a long period of time. We took care of business against San Diego in our stay and then went up to LA, and took care of business. I’m very proud of this team and we’ve got to continue to fight.”

(On if there was any difference in preparation given they were playing a rookie quarterback)
“No. In my opinion, I think we stayed in exactly what we wanted to do. We understood the type of offense they wanted to run. We understood they were probably going to rush the ball as much as they can to get their running back going. But our goal was to stop the run, as it is every single game, and make them win the rest of the game and make the quarterback try and prove he can beat us.”

Dolphins DE Cameron Wake

(On when he started to believe that this team was different as opposed to past Dolphins teams)
“Weeks ago. Long time ago. It wasn’t today, that’s for sure.”

(On what part of the season specifically)
“It’s hard to pinpoint. I didn’t really take note of it. It was a long time ago when you know guys just had that fight. You can tell. You know, you can feel it. If you’ve ever been around teams, obviously if you’re not, some type of reference to say I remember what this was like and now I know what this was like. Guys who have been out there, guys who have been in the fight would know what I mean, but you guys won’t.”

(On if you felt the defense was able to make Jared Goff feel uncomfortable)
“It would be a great question to ask him. Again, my whole goal is, I don’t care if you’re first year or hall of fame, is go out there and get after the quarterback and make him play into our hands. If they’ve got to change up what they’ve got going on to suit our style of play, I feel like that’s a win for us. I don’t know what their plan was. I don’t know what they came out here to do, but I know he got hit a couple of times and was moving around. I don’t know his stats, but I feel like it was a big win for the good guys.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams – Miami Dolphins Postgame Quotes – November 20, 2016

Shaky586November 20, 2016 05:31PM

Rams vs. Dolphins Postgame Notes

Shaky282November 20, 2016 05:36PM

Re: Los Angeles Rams – Miami Dolphins Postgame Quotes – November 20, 2016

RamsFanSince69338November 20, 2016 07:53PM