November 07, 2016 07:45AM
After 5 consecutive losing seasons, it is unfathomable to me that Fisher could be extended. Sad to say, it's not only a possibility - it's a probability.

I usually watch college ball at this time of year hoping to glimpse THE player that could help this franchise turn the corner. That player could already be on the roster but Fisher refuses to let him even see the field. Combine that with the lack of a 1st rounder this draft, and I have even less enthusiasm for the future.

The reason I go from lamenting a Fisher extension to the draft is that even if we find another jewel (Gurley, Donald) extending Fisher will extinguish any hopes I have for them going forward. It's hard to watch Gurley, Donald, Hekker and Quinn flounder on a team that is coached by someone who doesn't know how to field an offense that will give them a realistic chance of achieving (team) success.

He has proven over the past 5 years that he has no idea how to build or coach an offense that will allow us to compete for the playoffs. Extending him will only lead to more of the same.

He has already blown the opportunity to give fans hope for this year and the future by refusing to give Goff an opportunity to justify the bevvy of picks we gave up to get him.

Every day from now until the end of the season I dread reading that the Rams have extended Fisher.

Goff coming in at the end of the season and playing well still doesn't justify an extension. He threw away all hope for this season by sticking with Keenum. And it will be hard to hold out any hope for next season given Fisher's track record as coach of the Rams.

I just can't see the light suddenly coming on for next year, especially after 5 years of putrid offense, stupid penalties and antiquated coaching style that has lead to the mess in which we are currently mired.

I could never quit watching and cheering for the Rams, which is why the thought of extending Fisher is so depressing. Although it's in my DNA to watch and cheer for my beloved team, I will do so with virtually no hope for this team or its future.

Kevin P.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Fisher extension would push me off the ledge.

guinnessram422November 07, 2016 07:45AM

Re: A Fisher extension would push me off the ledge.

Rams43232November 07, 2016 09:14AM

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, we will have a new HC in 3 months.

max307November 07, 2016 09:21AM

Let me put it this way...

Rams43251November 07, 2016 10:56AM

Re: Let me put it this way...

bigjimram21193November 07, 2016 11:14AM

Playing Mannion is an admittance that they blew the pick.

max212November 07, 2016 11:26AM

Re: Let me put it this way...

max212November 07, 2016 11:23AM