Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 8 Panthers review ...

November 07, 2016 07:04AM
We're obviously engaged in a racing structure, rather than football, because it seems like we keep playing for the silver medal. There were 5 mistakes that could have led to about 20 points, it's work to come in second.

So, what I'm seeing ... basically ... is that Fisher does not hold players accountable, so the players have to do it. My guess is that a lot of teams have this issue. The ones that win have players that hold them accountable, while the ones that lose, don't.

On defense we seem to be holding people accountable. Ogletree and Quinn and Donald and TJ seem to be making those around them better.

Good news? If Goff is an aggressive professional who holds his players accountable, then Gurley and Britt will be able to join them and three of them will be able to get things done. Right now Britt and Gurley are not enough, likely because Gurley is young and Britt is a WR.

That's the one BIG issue with having a young team ... if there is no one holding the players accountable, they end up rudderless at the most pivotal moment. Every pack needs an alpha, and we don't have one. That's what I'm seeing.

As far as the new coach stuff, you have to understand that I prefer longevity and building talent over making changes. Why? Because at some point the players have to hold themselves accountable ... and unless there's a coach out there that can inspire that, we are going to take a step backwards and downwards. I don't see any coaches that can do that.

The Good

1) Run defense. Except that one run where Barron chose wrong, we held JS to basically 0.

2) TRU WAS BACK! Just makes me happy.

3) Higbee sighting.

4) Ogletree is getting better every game I think.

5) Barron blowing up Cam ... I like being on Sportscenter for highlights.

6) Britt.

7) Benny on the 4th down. Kid gets the guts award every week.

The Bad

8) The fact that there are only 7 good things.

9) Late to Higbee in the endzone.

10) Not only the missed FG, but the fact that we didn't try for the next two that were in range (55-60). That's truly upsetting. You have a guy with a leg for a reason.

11) Mo's missed INT. So close.

12) O line.

The Ugly

13) Saffold.

14) Barnes.

15) A missed wide open Quick.

16) Kendricks drop.

17) Quick not knowing where the first down marker is and not rolling to it. Freaking turnover.

The Suggestion

18) Get Norv Turner for our young QB.

College

19) There are no OTs. If we want to look at replacing GRob, it's going to be from FA.

20) I'm starting to think we switch to looking at CB in round 3 ... the talent will be there.

21) If Corey Davis or Tredavius White makes it to our pick in round 2 ... I'm seriously thinking about it. Even over a DE. They're aggressive playmakers that could get lost in the shuffle.

22) We HAVE to get a Center. They can be had in the 4th or 5th ... if Pocic is therein the 3rd he's gotta be the pick. Elflein and Cole may be had later.

23) We lost two picks, and we got two picks back ... so we should have enough picks to work with, even though we don't have a first rounder. 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths ... etc.

One more thing ... It's time to start Goff. I'm in 100% now. Case is a good kid, and a fine backup ... but it's time.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2016 07:05AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 8 Panthers review ...

alyoshamucci924November 07, 2016 07:04AM

Re: Hear, hear!

RamsFanSince69373November 07, 2016 07:36AM

And when there's no accountability

alyoshamucci469November 07, 2016 09:15AM

no repercussions

LMU93347November 07, 2016 09:22AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 8 Panthers review ...

LMU93320November 07, 2016 09:21AM

Rams43315November 07, 2016 10:30AM

Im guessing the reason he won't put him in until we're out of it

alyoshamucci407November 08, 2016 07:38AM

leafnose331November 09, 2016 05:32PM

CraigMatson309November 09, 2016 06:09PM

IND OG Freeney

alyoshamucci294November 09, 2016 06:18PM