Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rich Gannon and Boomer Esiason Talk Ryan Fitzpatrick on Tonight's NFL MONDAY QB

October 24, 2016 02:04PM

NEWS AND NOTES FROM “NFL MONDAY QB” ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK

Rich Gannon, Trent Green, Boomer Esiason and Steve Beuerlein Discuss

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees and the Quarterback Situation in Los Angeles

NFL MONDAY QB returns to CBS Sports Network tonight (6:00 PM, ET), featuring discussion of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees and the quarterback situation in Los Angeles with Case Keenum and Jared Goff.

Adam Schein hosts, and is joined on the show by NFL ON CBS quarterbacks Trent Green, Boomer Esiason, Rich Gannon and Steve Beuerlein. NFL MONDAY QB re-airs on CBS Sports Network tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 10:00 AM, ET.

Following are excerpts from the show.

(ON RYAN FITZPATRICK)

Gannon: We are all sensitive as quarterbacks. But at the end of the day, his play was deplorable. You can’t lead the league in interceptions and also have the lowest completion percentage in football and expect to still be the starter. When he wasn’t throwing to the other team he was missing his own guys. They had no choice. They had to make a change at quarterback.

Esiason: He had a momentary breakdown because he is a human being. He’s going to be the starter. This was all made easy for the Jets (with Geno Smith’s injury).

(ON CASE KEENUM)

Esiason: He’s a gritty player. I would love to have him as a back-up on my team because I think he could go in and win three games for me… I think this is more indicative of how poorly or how ill-prepared Jared Goff, the number one overall pick, is for the Los Angeles Rams. The fact that they want to stay with Case Keenum and not put the first pick of the draft on the field right now really boggles the mind.

Rich Gannon: You get the sense when talking to Jeff Fisher that Jared Goff is just not ready to play. They’re trying to bring him along the right way. In fairness to Case Keenum, this is not a very good team he has around him.

(ON PHILIP RIVERS AND DREW BREES)

Esiason: These players make a lot of money. They live up to every dollar that they make. And they are the reason why you’d want to buy a ticket to watch their teams play… They are first ballot Hall of Famers. And I don’t want to hear anybody talking about Super Bowl wins and all this other stuff. Because Philip Rivers is the second coming of Dan Fouts in San Diego. (Rivers and Brees) are both terrific football players. They are going to be around another four or five years. They keep themselves in shape. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Philip Rivers in the Super Bowl before his time is up.

Andrew Finger is producer and Linda Malino is director of NFL MONDAY QB. CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shaky542October 24, 2016 02:04PM