Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

when is Snead and Fisher going to own this offensive mess?

October 23, 2016 02:13PM
Lets take a look at what Fisher and Snead has built on offense:

QB - Keenum (it should be Goff the #1 overall pick, but for some reason, Fishers men cannot get him game ready...)

RB - Gurley - 1st round #10 overall - he is 19th in rushing yards averaging 2.9 per and has scored in only 2 of 7 games.

WR - Britt - former 1st round #30 overall pick - finally showing signs of life in year 3, then gets promptly thrown under the bus today. 10th in rec, yards.
WR - Quick - 2nd round 33rd overall - has never lived to potential and was thrown under the bus today. 67th in rec. yards.
WR - Austin - 1st round 8th overall - tied for 75th in yards, not exactly living up to draft expectations.

LT - Robinson - 1st round 2nd overall - a penalty machine that makes way too many mistakes and needs way too much help for his drafted position.
LG - Saffold - 2nd round 33rd overall - not a Fisher pick, but thought so highly of by Snisher, was allowed to be signed by the Raiders. if not for a failed physical...
OC - Barnes - Undrafted FA - an underpowered OC that Fisher seems in no hurry to replace.
RG - Wichmann 6th round 215th overall - or is it Brown 3rd round 72nd overall - Rams really cannot decide who should start...
LT - Havenstein - 2nd round 57th overall - A guy I said IMO was overdrafted and would have issues with speed rushers. Guess what.

TE - Kendricks - 2nd round 47th overall - a carryover from the previous regime, and they tried to replace him with good ol Cooky...

So lets recap

5 First rounders (4 top ten) and I am throwing Goff in there, but I accept it is really early in his career.
4 2nd rounders (and 2 of those there at the very top of the first)
1 3rd or 6th depending on the game
2 UDFAs

8 (and it should be 9 in 2 weeks but it won't be) of your starting 11 are first or second rounders and this is the production we are seeing?

It can only be 1 of a couple of things:
1. Players underperforming
2. Fisher and Snead overdrafted each and every one of these players.
3. They didn't over draft them and they aren't underperforming, they are being poorly coached.

I find #1 hard to imagine, since it seems like it would be nearly impossible for all these talents to repeatedly underperform week in and week out. So its 2 or 3 for me and that means this offensive mess is entirely on Snead and Fisher. They pick the players, they pick the coaches, they pick the starters, they are in charge. How can this be anything but on Fisher and his GM Snead? And I do mean his GM.

It could be a combo of all three, but then it begs the question, why haven't these underperformers been replaced? because Fisher cannot admit he was wrong?

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

when is Snead and Fisher going to own this offensive mess?

Deadpool530October 23, 2016 02:13PM

Uh... who else would own it? (nm)

Ramadune190October 23, 2016 02:19PM

Re: when is Snead and Fisher going to own this offensive mess?

Rams43251October 23, 2016 02:36PM

we will prolly never know

Deadpool235October 23, 2016 02:47PM

Re: we will prolly never know

Rams43168October 23, 2016 03:21PM