Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams QB Case Keenum searching for that final drive

October 20, 2016 08:14AM

Alden Gonzalez

The Los Angeles Rams have lost back-to-back games largely because of their defense, which gave up a combined 61 points to the Buffalo Bills and the Detroit Lions. But in both instances, their offense has had a chance to put together one late drive that might've won the game and instead turned the ball over.

It hasn't been lost on Case Keenum.

Case Keenum has completed 76.2 percent of his passes for 592 yards the past two games, yet the Rams lost both. Michael Allio/Icon Sportswire
"To have the ball in your hands, with a chance to tie or win the game, with a minute and a half left, you’ve got to do that in this league," the Rams quarterback told reporters from practice near London on Wednesday. "It’s something I want to do, and I know I can do, and I know this team can do."

Over the past two games, Keenum has completed 76.2 percent of his passes (second-best in the NFL during that time) and has thrown for 592 yards (fifth).

But in Week 5, trailing by four, Keenum had the ball at his own 18-yard line with less than five minutes left and went three-and-out, leading to the failed fake punt that set the Bills up for the touchdown that put them up by two scores. And in Week 6, trailing by three, with the ball at the Rams' 29 and just over a minute left, Keenum threw into triple coverage for the game-ending interception, spoiling a day during which he completed a franchise-record 19 consecutive passes.

Read Complete Article [www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill451October 20, 2016 08:14AM