Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agree with all that

October 17, 2016 12:35PM
Before Fisher and Snead took over the Rams were indeed the "laughing stock" of the NFL. They systematically got rid of 20 or so players who never make any other teams and for the most part didn't even get a tryout. So here we are in the 5th year of what would normally be a 6 yr rebuilding plan. While we have a few "stars' on defense (Donald, Quinn) this is not an 85 Bears elite defense. We are good but not "really good" because we have little if any depth-meaning when one goes down the replacement player likely would not be playing for any other NFL team. The offense -outside of Sunday- has really struggled for a number of reasons. One is the failure of Snead (and Fisher) to make good personnel decisions. Gurley is a good back but lacks vision. And given the horrors on the O line that makes for a really bad combination. Simply put I don't think Gurley will ever be an elite back like Peterson, Dorsett, Dickerson, etc-like we -including me-thought he would be. That is solely on Snead and Fisher. Greg Robinson was the second overall player taken in the draft and has never and likely never will grade out to justify that high selection. That is on Snead and Fisher. We lost numerous draft choices to move up to get Goff. But he hasn't been able to replace our second string qb of last year. Goff can and likely will be a "good " qb but to give up that many selection? That is on Snead and Fisher.

There are many reasons this is in reality a 7-9 team. But fans will always focus on the qb whether its repeated failures or one play-like Sunday. It's far easier to do that than to sit down and analyze why we have little depth on the defensive side of the ball or why the O line is missing blocks. Most of us are not built to do anything other than look at the qb when it comes to analyzing the team. After all we sit behind our television sets and see what is on the screen-namely the guy with the ball after the snap.

Having said-written-that I doubt Kroenke will make any significant changes until the Rams move to Inglewood. That is not his pattern. He will want the Rams to be competitive and certainly not go back to being the "laughing stock" but I'm pretty sure he's waiting for the "big move". before he will do anything that will appease us fans.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I don't understand but Goff talk

EastBayRam866October 17, 2016 09:53AM

Here's the rub

RFIP413October 17, 2016 10:09AM

Re: Here's the rub

SoCalRAMatic336October 17, 2016 10:33AM

Rampage2K-327October 17, 2016 10:40AM

SoCalRAMatic360October 17, 2016 11:02AM