Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FootballOutsiders & Ram's 4-1-6 Defense

September 28, 2016 08:57PM
Thanks for putting these up every week.
Rams have 28th ranked pass rush....that is based on sacks I would guess....because they look pretty
good to me...

That great run stopping D line allows them to keep Joyner and Barron free mostly....this is the defense of the future (having safeties or nickel corners full time on the field---which essentially makes them LBers on the run downs). Not many teams have a great run stopping foursome like we have.....but if you watch the games every week you notice the O lines aren't really blowing people off the ball in the run game like they used to a decade ago. It is like the run is only to keep the defense honest, or to spring a long one. No teams are running 6 times in 9 plays like the old Emmitt Smith Cowboys--which means the O lines aren't handing out the punishment like it used to be. Which means, a Fisher-style team with Brutes up front, can take advantage of these O lines....which I think they have the last two games....and will for a good portion of the season if they are healthy.

Our defense really is a 4-1-6 for a good percentage of the game. A big back like David Johnson might exploit it...but with Brockers, Hayes and Donald, maybe not. AZ really spreads teams out. Arians knows how to go up and down the field on us---watch the 2 games from last year. I wish we would play more man coverage....I don't care about giving up a long one, once every 3 games.

I wish our 4-1-6 would produce Seattle's succes.....I think Gaines, Hill and TruJo as a threesome are better than Seattle's firsts 3 corners (Shead from Seattle is not that good). Hill knows how to turn and run, and turn his head better than Jenks in my opinion....I think Hill is a keeper and will be in this league a while....his build reminds me a bit of the corner, JeromeButler (?), from the 2002-2005 Rams.

May I escape the wrath of the educated: These are all opinions, and I hope they don't offend anybody ( I am sure I am wrong about the 4-1-6)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FootballOutsiders week 3 ratings

LMU93729September 28, 2016 03:35AM

brownsugar518September 28, 2016 08:57PM

CraigMatson440September 29, 2016 02:19AM

beyond pure points and yards/game, the real defensive stats...

LMU93346September 29, 2016 03:06AM

Re: beyond pure points and yards/game, the real defensive stats...

brownsugar332September 29, 2016 04:13AM

Our defense personnel will depend on theirs

Blue and Gold318September 29, 2016 09:33AM

Re: Our defense personnel will depend on theirs

dzrams249September 29, 2016 10:42AM

Yes, but in the 30 dime

Blue and Gold298September 29, 2016 01:29PM