September 26, 2016 02:34PM
They certainly don't blitz a lot they rely on their front 4 to get pressure...they played their defense IMO and Keenum beat it often

I follow you on the favorable matchup for Goff. Some have said Buffalo at home but I'm thinking having to face such a complex defense would not be ideal. Honestly I think Tampa would have been the best defense just off the top of my head

ramBRO
I haven't had an opportunity to rewatch the game, but in watching live yesterday, I thought that Keenum was getting some solid protection on passing plays. There were even a couple of times where he was actually able to step up into a defined pocket. I don't recall any elaborate blitzes, but then again, it's fairly established that opposing DC's aren't thinking of new and inventive ways to stop Keenum. But there haven't been any huge breakdowns exposing the QB to big hits in a couple of games now. Our run blocking is still a work in progress, but I think that the OL is still adjusting to the 8 (and sometimes 9) defenders in the box that they're seeing regularly. I think that it's just a matter of time before they get untracked.

This brings me to Goff. Despite the solid line play, Keenum still has a low QBR. Yes, I know there are still several drops that are affecting that. But I also suspect that, due to his physical limitations, Boras is unable to deploy his full playbook (whatever that might be or mean). Along with spitting out the playcall and having a clean CQ-exchange, being able to keep the QB upright has to be another major factor in determining when Fisher decides to make the change (I seriously doubt that there's any type of "breakout" game waiting for Keenum). With the O-line playing decently, I think that the offensive staff is looking for a favorable match-up for Goff (again, assuming he can actually call out the play).

Next week's road game might be a little too much to ask. So might the odd front presented by Rex Ryan and the Bills the following week. But Week 6 against the Lions? I think that that's what we might be looking at. Follow that up with a home game against the Giants and a bye week to review mistakes and see if more of the playbook can be opened up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 02:37PM by Speed_Kills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams OL...Goff...And Week 6

ramBRO626September 26, 2016 02:20PM

Re: Is Tampa still laying that cover 2?

Speed_Kills265September 26, 2016 02:34PM