Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Positives in this game offensively

September 26, 2016 02:52AM
1) 2 plays of 40+ yards. No way in week 1 would that have happened. The opposing teams show more disrespect for this offense that I have ever seen. 9 in the box in this day of football is unheard of, but the Rams kept trying to ram it in against 9. In week 1, teams had like 0 guys on Britt, not 1 on 1 coverage but 0 on 1. I did not see the game, but saw the Austin and Quick touchdowns, but no safeties in sight. On the Austin one, 3 one on 3 situations with the WRs, and actually a nice little design where the outside WR broke inside, clearing out the space for Austin and Austin breaking out with a great cut and separating.

2) The offense despite not gaining many yards other than the 2 big plays and a handful of Gurley plays finished at the goal and got touchdowns instead of field goals. Gurley is a wonderful back down there and always seems to find his way.

I did not see the game because it was now shown in St. Louis market, but have seen highlights and I would say that was significant improvement and just doing #1 a few more weeks may be enough to give Gurley a chance, instead of going with this thought that somehow 6 offensive players can block 9 defenders.

Just taking what is being gift wrapped for the offense is a tremendous improvement.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Positives in this game offensively

Rams_81447September 26, 2016 02:52AM

Agreed and Brian Quick set the tone for the day

GreatRamNTheSky197September 26, 2016 02:54AM