September 21, 2016 03:23AM
As I said to Ramsrule just before opening kickoff, and already posted on this forum... was what I wanted to see, "live", was the play of our DB's. I was confused from watching on TV why, it seemed to me, receivers were getting wide open everywhere against us.. short, medium, long. Were the Ram's simply playing WAY off the ball? Were they that bad? Was it the 'scheme'?

And so... untrained brain that I have, THAT is what I concentrated on while watching the game, and for the ENTIRE game... with brief glances at our DL. And what I saw, no hyperbole here, wasn't at ALL what I was expecting to see. That is - wide open receivers, or playing extremely 'soft', or a poor scheme. Our coverage looked quite good to me. And as a side note: tackling, which I was highly suspect of as well, seemed solid at 'least' if not very good.

Suspicious mind that I have I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Ram's 'over' prepare for teams... which may explain the 'ups and downs' we seem to see all too often. What I mean here is that they HAVE the ability to cover well, tackle well, shut down various types of offenses but only IF the game plan is the correct one for any specific game... like the offense I do not think they make good 'game adjustments'... they're going to play the planned 'scheme' no matter what, and that from opening kickoff to final gun regardless of what unfolds during the game. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams secondary still has plenty to prove vs. Tampa Bay

RamBill707September 20, 2016 07:54PM

Guilty as charged...

JamesJM401September 21, 2016 03:23AM

Re: Guilty as charged...

leafnose321September 21, 2016 03:58AM

Re: Guilty as charged...

zn524September 21, 2016 04:24AM

Well, yeah, sure...

JamesJM356September 21, 2016 04:38AM

Re: Well, yeah, sure...

zn357September 21, 2016 04:59AM

I don't agree, obviously.. but just one point...

JamesJM344September 21, 2016 05:03AM

Re: I don't agree, obviously.. but just one point...

zn272September 21, 2016 05:11AM