Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great defenses stand on their own

September 10, 2016 10:15PM
The Rams do not have a great defense yet. Their inability to get off the field can not be laid at the feet of the offense; sure it doesn't help, sure it would be nice to have a lead to sit on, but when you play defense your goal is to get off the field and with this unit they do a great job of stepping up in the redzone or as a team gets into their side of the field, but not so much in the first handful of snaps when the opposing offense takes the field.

They have been a bend but don't break unit, and did well with a 13th ranking in points allowed, but they don't deserve to be elevated into that elite conversation until they show they can get themselves off the field on a routine basis. I want to see a fast unit that dominates, that scares offenses and has the ability to flip that ball right back to the offense.

IMO you have great defenses then everyone else that falls from that 5ish range on through late teens in points allowed, in any given year. If the Rams get Quinn back, if Ogletree kills it in the middle, and they can stay healthy? Yeah, they might be. And again I expect it tbh. But I want to see an elite unit for an entire season, game after game, and if so the wins are gonna roll in even if all we have on offense is a strong ground game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If Rams D starts slow

napoli625September 10, 2016 07:28PM

Won't Matter If...

ramBRO355September 10, 2016 07:54PM

Great defenses stand on their own

merlin358September 10, 2016 10:15PM