Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams QB Jared Goff must learn to be a backup

September 10, 2016 04:29AM
So now he's too skinny? Wow, the media in their zealousness to garner attention are going so far into the gutter they're swallowing sewage. This article didn't give me one new piece of information on Goff and his "situation." Not one. Maybe the writer could've researched and written a piece about specific parts to the actual trade. Maybe with comparisons to other big trades. Not just throw out the usual 6-1 like so many others.
Of course, one of those 6 was our mid round first for the first overall but that gets lost every time. At least he didn't exclaim we sold the farm like so many I have read. How about an article about successful QBs who sat and learned and then went on to great success. Some other Golden Bear like Rodgers could be used as a prime example. That would be an enjoyable read. Maybe the writer could really think out of the box and write about why 205 is too skinny with research about frame, NFL hits and how this relates to injuries. This is the first I've read that Goff's body is less than ideal size. Ok. Go for it.
Bring up Cam Newton's size ratios. He's broader and a winner. Dante Culpepper was a monster behind center. But, be careful because Montana was rail thin, Brady was absolutely skinny when he came into the league, Tarkington and Flutie were height deficient and these guys were all hugely successful. I think the skinny line was a cheap shot. When the talking heads were talking about the top QBs available on this draft not one said he was too skinny to play. Most predicted Goff would have to be patient, he wasn't ready, but he was still a top franchise type QB justified for a top pick. I've seen nothing that makes these guys look wrong.
The only time Goff started for the Rams with regular players (not Gurley and Tavon is bubble wrap) he drove our team down the field for a TD.
How he did with backups around him doesn't matter at all. Missed blocks, dropped passes made his performances look way worse than he is. Oh, and if only he carried around 10 more pounds? Yeesh!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams QB Jared Goff must learn to be a backup

RamBill753September 09, 2016 06:46PM

Re: Rams QB Jared Goff must learn to be a backup

SoCalRAMatic349September 10, 2016 04:29AM