Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great choices

September 10, 2016 06:28AM
LMU93
If I had to pick a handful of the younger players (not rookies or established veterans) to show the most improvement this year this is who I'd pick:

QB Case Keenum- may seem obvious but if Keenum can be that efficient game manager and leader on offense- for however long- it will make a huge difference. I want to see Goff come in because he's improved so much he's surpassed or at least equaled what Keenum can give- not by default because Keenum couldn't perform.

LT Greg Robinson- another obvious one I guess but if he can be at least a mid-tier LT it opens up everything- in both the running and passing games.

C- Tim Barnes- The 2nd most important position on the OL. Like Robinson if he's even a mid-tier center in the league it could be the lynch pin to Gurley having a monster year.

DE Matt Longacre- I love everything about this kid. And while the Rams have a great front four they need really good DL depth to be a top 5 defense. I'd love to see Longacre jump up in year 2 and become an impact rotational DE the way Gary Jeter, Tyocka Jackson, William Hayes, etc. were in the past. Plus they could limit Quinn's reps somewhat early in the year if they can count on Lonagacre.

K Greg Zuerlein- Kickers can make a difference of plus or minus two wins for teams. The Rams simply have to have him to be an 80%+ FG kicker this season. Consistent mechanics are the key for him.

Zuerlein obviously does have a huge leg. Imagine if he could step up a couple notches in accuracy; that alone would be a huge boost to the offense. And I love the Longacre pik. I love Hayes, but rather than constantly plugging in 1st-round draft picks it'd be nice to see a young guy like Longacre take his place next to Quinn, Donald and Brockers for the next 5+ years.

My "younger vet" 5 would be:

Quick - injuries to others probably bought him the reprieve, but he's still got the potential to be the most physically dominant WR the Rams have. Forget the improbability: How game-changing would it be to see Brian Quick go over 100 receiving in the first two games? Noted: he's not that young any more!

Joyner - wherever he plays, kid's gotta step up. Period.

Robinson - I'll be disappointed if GRob is judged only "mid-tier" by end of this year.

Ogletree - he's gotta stay healthy, "captain" the defense, and perform in his own right.

Austin - I already value TA more than many, but if he can take another step or two forward? WOW.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 players I'd like to see improve the most

LMU93720September 09, 2016 04:59AM

legatron

wv ram394September 09, 2016 05:38AM

Re: 5 players I'd like to see improve the most

Rams43367September 09, 2016 08:19AM

Re: okay, I'll play

leafnose353September 09, 2016 09:45AM

Play like Britt?

Atlantic Ram369September 09, 2016 10:26AM

Re: 5 players I'd like to see improve the most

RFL358September 09, 2016 12:23PM

Great choices

Suh-weet!409September 10, 2016 06:28AM

Re: Here's mine.....Quinn and Quick.

oldschoolramfan404September 10, 2016 07:31AM

Well ...

RFL368September 10, 2016 12:27PM

Re: Well ...The post was players you wold like to see improve.

oldschoolramfan362September 10, 2016 01:55PM