Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A quick look at the totals...

September 04, 2016 11:48PM
Rams 2016 roster right now vs the average...

WR 7 vs 6
TE 4 vs 3 (teams with 3 usually have one on PS)
OL 10 vs 9
DL 8 vs 9
LB 6 vs 7
DB 8 vs 10

So a few notes overall:

Seems to me that they poached from the defense to supplement some unknowns on the offensive side of the ball, first off. I am sure some of you will question the averages I listed above, but when you look at the totals across the board the defense basically has the guys you would expect to be active on gameday (22). Since 26.5 would be half the 53 man roster, they are unquestionably light on defense.

Now normally my assumption is that the 4.5 players that are missing are probably the best special teamers. But I'm not so sure of that in this case, not to mention that you have to assume the bottom of the depth chart on the offensive side of the ball is already stacked with ST in mind. So they are clearly going to cut at least one of the wideouts on their roster.

Given the yearly injury run on the offensive line, it's no surprise they kept 10. But I was surprised by 8 DL.

Trying to see wtf Fish is up to here I would normally think with 7 receivers kept they have a trade in works for one of them. But who would trade for the guys not named Britt and Tavon? And I can't see the Rams moving either one of those two obviously. I would also think they will add a safety, obviously. So only thing I can come up with right now is their "cut" would have been someone they are sure would be picked up, and they knew it was unlikely a couple guys on defense would not be picked up.

Who would be the two on defense? S Bryant, and LB Ayers. I wouldn't have thought Ayers except Fish plugged him for some unknown reason. But I think it's likely the Rams felt those two would be re-signable vice the WR/WRs they didn't want to cut.

Who would be the wideout/s? This is where the logic really irks me because it makes me think Quick's not one of them, but I can't imagine how he could not be. So I'm guessing Marquez is the guy they were afraid would be picked up. IMO he will be the cut.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Video, Fisher Presser, this is not the final 53 Rams will go to war with

GreatRamNTheSky944September 04, 2016 07:20PM

Any word on Christian Bryant?

Atlantic Ram688September 04, 2016 09:03PM

Re: Any word on Christian Bryant?

MamaRAMa673September 04, 2016 09:14PM

Yeah, I just think its insulting to soldiers

Atlantic Ram407September 05, 2016 11:34AM

A quick look at the totals...

merlin534September 04, 2016 11:48PM

Re: A quick look at the totals...

GreatRamNTheSky468September 05, 2016 06:23AM

Re: A quick look at the totals...

Rams43423September 05, 2016 10:16AM

Minor correction

The Professor430September 05, 2016 10:08AM

War? It is a game played by well paid gladiators. It is not war.

mikeguman406September 05, 2016 01:53PM