Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not necessarily serious about the O-tackle....

September 04, 2016 10:31AM
SoCalRAMatic
73, I'm wondering if you're serious about lining an OT out wide to block a CB. You do realize that no 300+ man is going to be quick enough off the snap to block a 180 lb 4.4 speed CB, right? Quick is big, strong and fast. He can jolt that CB and get downfield to block a safety. Britt is a good blocker as well. TG30 and Benny are really good rubbers, but the breakers are caused by downfield blocking. Barnes is good at this too. The new big WR you like can catch the ball. I like him on slants. He looks like a good ST guy too. I like him. But, when our Rams line up against the Niners it will be the Todd Gurley show. And for the TG to work best you want Quick blocking. You may disagree with me but when I watch TG's runs in slo-mo Often MQ is the key blocker. Gimped and a passing offense is down the road. Fish needs to win this year. And if it was my job I run, run, run. We have the horses. That's our plan.

But I am serious about Quick the receiver, I would remove him from the team....regardless how well he blocks.

For our running game I agree SoCal we need down field blocking and I have seen guys like Tavon get in the way enough to spring runs. Quick needs to hone his primary receiving skill and that is catching the ball.

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work. - Vince Lombardi

“It’s not how you start that’s important, but how you finish!” ― Jim George
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

WR

RounderRick792September 04, 2016 09:28AM

"Quick is on borrowed time unless he produces."

73Ram429September 04, 2016 09:33AM

Re: "Quick is on borrowed time unless he produces."

SoCalRAMatic377September 04, 2016 10:09AM

Not necessarily serious about the O-tackle....

73Ram507September 04, 2016 10:31AM