Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Final 53

September 02, 2016 08:50AM
Here is my prediction of what's going down soon. These are not all my personal choices, it's what I think Fisher will ultimately go with.

OFFENSE

QB (3) – Keenum, Mannion, Goff (notice where his name is)
OL (9) – GRob, Saffold, Barnes, Brown, Havenstein, Wichman, Reynolds, Rhaney, Battle
RB (4) – Gurley, Cunningham, Brown, Reynolds
TE (4) – Kendricks, Higbee, Harkey, Hemingway
WR (6) – Britt, Austin, Cooper, Quick, Spruce, Williams

DEFENSE

DL (9) – Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Easley, Longacre, Thomas
LB (5) – Ogletree, Baron, Ayers, Hager, Forrest
CB (6) – Tru, Gaines, Joyner, Sensabaugh, Hill, Roberson
S (4) – TJM, Alexander, Davis, Bryant

ST (3) – Hekker, GZ, McQuaide

A couple of notes on the tough choice cuts:

OL – I think they only go with 9 here because most of these guys have a lot of versatility. The tough choices were Battle over Donnal and Rhaney over Kush.

Both Rhaney and Kush are underwhelming but Kush had a handful of snap issues. Can’t have that from your Center. And Rhaney was getting most of the 2nd team reps anyway.

Battle over Donnal because he’s a swing-tackle. Donnal looks like he only plays RT. Versatility is important.

Reynolds v. Marquez – I think that one of Reynolds or Marquez will be cut because neither really help the team besides STs. In a tossup, I predict Chase Reynolds makes it because he’s been the bigger special teams performer and the Rams don’t need another slot WR. I don’t believe both will be cut because of their value to ST.

WR – Talk about an underwhelming position group. Quick makes it by default. And they have to have some depth on the outside. Spruce and Marquez have only been used in the slot which is where Cooper is starting. I just don’t see them going with 3 guys who exclusively play that position especially given Groh’s preference for bigger wideouts.

Mike Thomas can't catch. Gone!

In a close surprising call, Marquez is out as explained above. It doesn’t help that he was injured. Duke Williams squeaks in by a hair over McRoberts who didn’t help himself last night.

LB – This position is a mess. They almost all need to be cut besides Ogletree and Barron. Ayers is horrible but none of the youngsters has shown enough to kick him off the roster. Hager isn’t special but is probably safe because he’s getting the most snaps and is the backup MLB. The surprise cut is Lynch; I’ve seen nothing from him. He's fired!

The only backup LB I’ve seen flash is Grigsby but he’s too far down the depth chart. It’s rumored that the Rams really like Forrest and Littleton so I predict one of those guys makes the roster and the other is on the PS.

CB - Hill makes the roster because frankly he has been the best CB in the preseason. Sensa deserves to be cut but he’s a vet and just got a big contract so of course Fisher will defer to him. Roberson barely made it over a 6th LB but this could go either way.

PS

Fox
Seau
Donnal
Littleton
Grigsby
Lynch?
Marquez?

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2016 08:57AM by dzrams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Final 53

dzrams650September 02, 2016 08:50AM

Re: My Final 53

PHDram306September 02, 2016 09:57AM

Re: My Final 53

Rams43275September 02, 2016 09:59AM

WR Mike Thomas and RB Aaron Green

PaulButcher59323September 02, 2016 10:24AM