August 30, 2016 12:20PM
Every season about this, cut down time, I ask myself in a stupified voice, "Why does the NFL go down to so few?" I can understand every team not having 90 man regular season rosters and even 80 looks crazy on a college sidelines, but 53? With several of those few needing to be inactive as well? I think the actual roster game day is 46. Why? Why? WHY??? It's not like there aren't many injuries to the players every year. It's not like there's adequate depth at vital positions. It's not like the owners aren't billionaires and can't afford a few million more for some valuable employees. Does not having enough QBs make better competition? What about having no back up kicker or punter? Sure, every once in a lifetime a Kurt Warner comes out of nowhere and leads his team to victories, but I think it's all crazy. I feel badly for these 20 something year old athletes who trained for this their whole lives, got drafted or invited to camp because they are the elite few who can play this sport on this unique level, who have given their all for 4 1/2 months and then their HC needs to tell them they're fired. It all just sucks. Why can't their be a roster of 75? One cut down and then we're good to go. You could carry a 4th QB, a back up K, P, LS. A bunch of kids could get jobs doing something they love and they're great at. Injuries will always happen but they wouldn't determine the season. It happens in baseball too where a team runs out of pitchers and a backup catcher or infielder throws. It's horrible. And the only possible reason I see is greed. The owners want to make even more by having fewer paychecks to sign.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

why such a small roster?

SoCalRAMatic800August 30, 2016 12:20PM

Re: why such a small roster?

The_Zone421August 30, 2016 01:00PM

Re: why such a small roster?

SoCalRAMatic366August 30, 2016 01:29PM

The active roster limit is about money

promomasterj343August 30, 2016 01:49PM

Re: why such a small roster? Strange Logic

Anonymous User549August 30, 2016 02:53PM

Re: why such a small roster? Strange Logic